It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Caffeine Confession

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Coffee is the elixir of life...

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I thought that was Adrenochrome reply to: Edumakated

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I was working two jobs and going to college in the mid-ninties. Starting a new career. Had a family, wife and two kids. (Still have them.)

There was a convenience store between home and school that had one of those nearly quart-sized mugs that you could buy then get it filled with coffee whenever you wanted for next to nothing. I kept one in the car.

I was leaving school one day and all I could think about was getting that quart of fresh, strong, hot coffee. I not only wanted it; I needed it. I could feel it. My body was screaming.

I stopped. Cold Turkey! Didn't buy coffee for another few months. I still drink on occasion, but not daily.
:
edit on 2022 4 04 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Who cares? Point is I have to go across the street to get coffee... piping hot coffee that puts a hop in your step and your ass in the john!

Scrubs 🙈😂

a reply to: incoserv

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't drink soda, or very rarely ( once/twice a year) . If I do it's a Dr pepper, or maybe cream soda if that still exists?
Got that one from my dad, it was his favorite soda.
But mostly I love coffeeeeeeeee! Black atm , though I used to drink with cream and sugar (copied from my mom).
Also will drink an occasional cappuccino

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I get through about 20-30 mugs of coffee a day Jag thankfully I have a steady supply of diazipam it's 4.30 am and I might drop some

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Caffeine is one the last joys in life.
Don't smoke anything or drink alcohol.
Avoid sugar as much as possible.
Cannot tolerate gluten at all, and that eliminates a whole lot of joyful foods. [Gluten-free crap is usually....CRAP.

That leave caffeine, and my latest caffeine must-have is Russian Caravan Tea
You can buy it blended, loose or in tea bags, or make your own. I would suggest NOT eliminating the Lapsang Souchong...it would not be the same. FWIW, it is considered a rather high caffeine black tea.

posted on Apr, 5 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: tamusan

But on average, I'll have 2 pots (12 cup) of coffee a day.

😲
Dude.........that is INSANE!!

That is so unfair, I have one small cup of coffee, a regular cup of tea and a small soda and i'm not sleeping for two days.

I don't frequent there much, but I can have a Starbucks coffee without too much ill effect because I think their drinks are so watered down with sugars and milk etc that there really isn't that much coffee in it.

I don't like Starbucks coffee, and I think it has more caffeine than what I drink. In Oregon, we have Dutch Bros., and I like their coffee much better than Starbucks, but I've had some less than a dozen times in my about 10 years here. 

What I mostly drink is the same stuff that I grew up with: Folgers in the big red container or the blue Maxwell House. Although it comes in a plastic canister now instead of the metal can. I keep some Kona coffee from Hawaii in the freezer for whenever I have company. 

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Folgers in the big red container or the blue Maxwell House.

My parents drank Folgers for 50+ years. I used to make it for them all the time, but didn't drink it.
My coffee of choice was either Dunkin or Starbucks in the bag or what they refered to as "fancy coffee". After me drinking that for so long, I took a sip of my moms coffee.....

Ok... this is going to sound bad.........The only way I could describe the taste...........Burnt Cigarette Water!!!!
I literally spit it out because I thought something was wrong with it. I guess that is how some people like their coffee.
I honestly didn't think there was any coffee flavor in it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join