It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin equals Saddam v2???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

So you don't see any wrongdoing in providing such an evil family with power, weapons and intel?

I never said I see no wrongdoing in that.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Why I asked, because as it stands it's not clear.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Sweet Baby Jesus, this deserves its own thread.....

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I just saw the movie "The Mauritanian", sort of puts this whole image of the West fighting injustice, and those committing crimes against humanity, and the oppressors of this world, like Putin or Saddam, and their regimes, into perspective.

When these things take place in their own backyard, all you get is a movie, a book, and some documentaries, no criminal charges, no one called to account in front of the International Criminal Court (ICC) either, which has jurisdiction over war crimes and crimes against humanity.

No action taken by either Republican or Democratic US governments to prevent further crimes against humanity, let alone prosecute those involved (which would help with prevention as well). I remember when waterboarding was downplayed on CNN* and the whole Guantanamo Bay kidnapping+torture routine was waved off by Obama as a thing of the past, no need to drag it up anymore or any legal proceedings (and all sorts of excuses as to why Guantanamo Bay couldn't be closed yet, as was the main selling point of the product 'Obama' in European leftwingmedia at the time of his presedential campaign, which was not as much emphasized in the US media because it was less of an issue to Americans, in particular of the leftwing variety in comparison with European leftwing sympathizers). And Europe just goes along with it (even though these are international crimes against humanity, eg. in the movie they mention someone being from Marseille, France, the one who supposedly committed suicide; I'm assuming the movie is fairly accurate about that part as well). *: and the new Battlestar Galactica series as a sort of: 'oh look how cool we are, we incorporate some contemporate subject into our storyline; and we let the 'good guys' do the torture, and then we show their emotions and reasoning as to why they feel justified in doing so as something perfectly reasonable and perhaps even noble'; rather than something sinister, evil or wrong, in all situations. Torture can never be justified rationally. It is cruel and pure evil under all circumstances. Re-define "torture" all you want as you play your propagandistic spin, it won't change a thing.

Going to watch this documentary from The Guardian, but not expecting much from it:

Regarding my mention of the ICC and "the West" earlier, just a reminder that these crimes against humanity as well as those involved are international in scope, it's not just a US matter:

I wonder if he's still in the Netherlands (this interview is from Jan 20, 2022):

edit on 7-3-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join