It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Valley Of Ennui, The Cliffs Of Depression, Or Maybe It Is Just Weltschmerz

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: BodhisattvaStyle
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Weltschmerz

World pain. A feeling that comes from living in a world that you perceive to be one way, and then having to come to grips with how it really is.

Wow. You just defined exactly how I have felt, and still do at certain points. I'll be reading into this more.

Though a little over a year has passed it still has that SSDD vibe. I feel guilty saying that because I have had many blessings in this past year, some so great they lean toward the divine.

I guess the only way up, is one step at a time, and to give myself the oomph I need, I should start each day by counting my blessings.

If nothing else, I will be starting my day on the good foot.

I think* acceptance (of some sort) is what's required.
I have not made it there yet, but feel as though that's the only direction for peace with all of this.
I have trouble accepting "this is just how things are." I can't wrap my mind around some of these behaviors. But trying to wrap my mind around it is what causes me my "lack of peace" with this world and the "way things are."

You know what gives me absolute peace? The only way I have found to move past this stage? You'll dig this...

"Forgive them, Father. For they know not what they do."

If some of my theories are correct, then yeah, they really don't know what they're doing. But for the ones who know what they are doing, and yet still do things that are "evil," well then, we all make our own beds. I have warned and warned.
I've done my part, and that's literally* all I can do. Except to forgive.

Not at all easy for me. All I know is, I have been asked to love them as myself. That "as myself" is what snares so many.

Thanks, I actually lurked your OPs last night. Lol I was merely interested in the topics you've chosen to tackle in your time here.
This one was one of my favorites.

<< 1   >>

join