It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since when did Curling become THE Olympic event???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

No, really, it's just that there are a crap ton of games. There are ten teams, each playing each other once in the first round, so that's 45 games. Each game is about three hours long.

That's about 135 hours of curling.
For just the first round.
Of just the men's tournament.

There are ten more teams for the women's tournament. And ten more for the mixed doubles tournament.

So just for the first rounds of each tournament you're going to have over 400 hours of curling available for broadcast.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Just like the X Games became a thing, I think the Beer, Tailgate, and Backyard Games need to become a thing. Curling can transfer, and we can have things like Cornhole (it has a pro league), hatchet throwing, billiards, bowling, croquet, etc., all feature.
edit on 14-2-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   
No hotties...hahaha I suppose it might gain more "traction" with the combination of beauties wearing but one top layer in a cold environment...
It is interesting to me that this is one "sport" where there doesn't appear to be a men's advantage over women physically. I'm trying to think of any other winter olympic sport where a man's inherent speed and strength doesn't overcome the women's abilities in the sport.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

Equestrian

And you're right, curling would be perfect for transathletes.

edit on 14-2-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Definitely my favorite to watch.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko I was wondering about Winter Olympics. But you are correct …and other summer Olympics events would include shooting or archery events.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Thought I would throw that in there.

Though curling is good fun. Though there was not enough ski jump.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The new "sports" to be added to the International Clown Olympic Games are:

a.) Shooting-Up - Who can shoot up the most performance enhancing drugs in the shortest time.

b.) Fire Starting - Competitors compete to see who can burn down Olympic venues the fastest.

c.) Team Looting Walgreens - We be lootin' Walgreen, cuz da' cop can't do nuttin!

d.) Car-Jacking - YO, B###H...GIMME' YO KEYS!!

Tonight was the last straw!

Never watching the Olympic ever again!

posted on Mar, 14 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I remember watching Curling for the first time two Olympics before AND I was very entertained by it, thought it was brilliant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join