It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: China Gaining Control of US Domestic Radio Stations

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
thehill.com...

A single Chinese state-run firm, China Radio International (CRI), has secured a controlling interest in at least 33 radio stations in 14 countries — including English language news broadcaster WCRW in Washington, D.C. — to broadcast native language news slanted to favor the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) preferred perspective on events. A 2020 report from the Center for Strategic and International Studies found that “Nearly every Chinese language news outlet in the U.S. is either owned by, or works closely with the Party — and it is making inroads into English language media as well. There are more than a dozen radio stations in cities across the country where Americans hear subtle pro-Beijing propaganda on their FM radio.”

well...no surprise.
Big Media doesn't seem to be bothered by this

anyone with inside info on???

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Ha! I heard on radio that this is a conspiracy. They said someone is going to say something like this. And they were not pushing about it, it was plausible and convincing.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There's a difference between reporting honestly and factually on foreign relations, and being employed by foreign relations. One is a journalist and the other is an agent. Make a list so we can effectively identify who is who.

I prefer to download podcasts for the road than listen to radio, or convert our YouTube playlist. No Spotify required. Aux life is best life.

edit on 8-2-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Is that why sirius xm has been so terrible the past few weeks?

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Ever since Rogan moved to Spotify, I have paid a membership and use that for music. I also have Sirius including the online option, but use it a lot less unless I am listening to pro American talk radio. If Rogan leaves Spotify for any reason, I will go back to mainly using my playlists on my phone.

There is much more propaganda than this terrestrial radio to worry about, and our politicians seem to have zero interest in protecting American values from foreign propaganda. I think a lot of them are paid off. Enough to stop the people who do care from being able to accomplish anything meaningful.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

They got over $4T from John Boehner, Paul Ryan, Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell.

That'll buy up a lot of America when people ain't looking.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Jim Morrison of The Doors once famously said, “Whoever controls the media, controls the mind,”

China have a plan, the stupid in america are selling their soul to china, Frist you kill patriotism then you take over the stupid.

Now learn the darn mandarin before it becomes the country's main language.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Resist now, or it will be too late later.

Real life is looking more like a combination dinner plate of:

They Live and Red Dawn

Red Live / They Dawn

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Chinese will be our main language in a few years. Some, like Congress critters Diane Feinstein and Eric Swallwell, have a head-start on the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Ha! I heard on radio that this is a conspiracy. They said someone is going to say something like this. And they were not pushing about it, it was plausible and convincing.

They knew in advance that people would be saying this because it was actually going on.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Who Listens to Radio Anymore in the 2020's ? That's So Dec. 12th 1901............. ......

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   

But isn't radio dominated by the right?

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Pretty much all the FM broadcast stations in my area are I-Heart Radio Network stations mostly playing music. There are a few others like PBS and some independent ones like college and Christian stations.

AM is different. I can listen all over the continental US, Canada and Mexico. It's mostly sports and conservative talk radio.

Shortwave is mostly Spanish language and religious English language broadcasts with some other languages like French and Arabic depending on the band you're monitoring.
edit on 8-2-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 03:08 AM
link   
China is threading it's tentacles in so much that I doubt anyone has a real grasp of the enormity of it.

Heck, try to find a seller on Ebay that is NOT Chinese! Ebay stopped showing where the seller was located, and instead shows where the item being sold is supposedly located. Because China has filled up warehouses of merchandise within the USA and selling through their agents claiming they are operating out of those warehouses. But heck, contact most of them, and you won't get a response until it is Chinese time zone time.

Chinese money is greasing a LOT of American wheels right now. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
There's a difference between reporting honestly and factually on foreign relations, and being employed by foreign relations. One is a journalist and the other is an agent. Make a list so we can effectively identify who is who.

I prefer to download podcasts for the road than listen to radio, or convert our YouTube playlist. No Spotify required. Aux life is best life.

This is what I do too and have for year's I prefer long format shows with all walks of people being interviewed

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

But isn't radio dominated by the right?

Talk radio yes

Everything else including FM stations definitely not...it has a decidedly progressive slant on everything especially what CHOSEN for them to report on and what's blacklisted to even say....

Case in point, Joe rogan just does podcasts and they are trying to destroy him because he questions the narrative

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Are the chinese taking over talk radio at all?

top topics

join