It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space X Falcon 9 launch of Italian Cosmo Sky Med 2 FM scrubbed by Cruise Ship!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Just read another article that the ship ignored the Coast Guards warnings and orders to change course. Somebody's in trouble big time.

edit on 31-1-2022 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What a great launch to watch! Couldn't make it up to KSC, but lucky enough to live where we can watch from home. Unfortunately, didn't have time to set up the DSLR so made due with mobile photos. No audible sonic boom from this one either.

On ascent, following stage one separation. The first stage was doing its boost back burn pretty much at our zenith. Seeing it just hang in the sky was pretty spectacular. Beautiful plumage. You can see the second change continue on its ascent.

Second stage continuing on ascent, shortly after fairing separation. The smaller smudge behind the rocket are the fairings. You could see the two halves very clearly from the ground. Too bad they didn't turn out here as well here.

First stage as it did its descent burn. LZ was obstructed (and just too far away for us to see anything).

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Watching and rewatching this, the acceleration was insane. This is the fastest I have ever seen a SpaceX rocket go super sonic and then reach max Q as well as stage separation.

Because of this, I figure the sonic boom from the rocket(different than the booster landing) was heard much further north, maybe Satellite Beach and as far south as Sebastian.

Because of it being so light and accelerating so fast it made above the atmosphere.much sooner than previous missions, thus no longer producing ba sonic boom.

Page 74 shows the expected sonic boom profile for a south corridor launch, again this.particular launch it went super sonic much sooner so the boom was heard a bit further north.
www.faa.gov...

Link to PDF of report: www.faa.gov...

Not sure when the next sun synchronisis/polar launch is going to happen, but I will try to be in the Cape area for it.
edit on 1-2-2022 by jrod because: 2nd link

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The Starlinks have been about it. I think of all the recent south polar launches (since they started using it again) have been supporting that mission, aside from one of the Transpoters and CSG-2.

Next up is Group 4-7, but that's a south east launch. Not sure where 4-8 through 4-10 are going offhand, but I know they're all on the slate for launching from KSC this month too. I wouldn't be shocked if at least one of those were in the corridor.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I thought the high inclination Starlink launches will be launched from Vandenberg.

Here is a first, the Coast Guard is investigating why the cruise ship, Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Sea entered the exclusion zone despite being warned repeatedly. I dont expect much to come from it, hopefully they will get a hefty fine but I doubt it.

www.floridatoday.com...

edit on 1-2-2022 by jrod because: D

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Just took a look at the scheduled launched, in April(no date yet) SpaceX will launch Transporter 4 using the south corridor for a sun synchronisis orbit and Worldview 1&2 scheduled for May 15th will also fly south. Both will have drone ship recoveries.
If its a night launch, I should be able to see the re-entry and possibly the landing burn from Key West.

The SpaceFlightNow only has launches through May on the website so we might get a few more this year.

This is pretty awesome they are able to utilize this flight path. When it first opened up, the critics said it would be rarely used, yet it looks like we will have at least 3 this year...

In the past year SpaceX has done more polar/sun synchronisized launches from Cape Canaveral than ULA has launched the Atlas V.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

They have a bit more flexibility at KSC. They have two pads ready to go pretty much at all times. It also helps having two Atlantic drone ships. Also, just more boosters over here right now. So logistically it's just easier and cheaper.

USCG won't get much from the cruise ship. At worst, they'll pay a slap on the wrist fine. Captain might get a stern talking to. Cruise lines are hurting right now. They probably figured it wasn't worth the delay and the social media backlash.

Yeah, nothing firm yet. They have a few national security payloads going up, so my speculation is that they don't like to commit to launch dates for other payloads around the same time as part of OPSEC. Hopefully you get some good views down your way!

posted on Feb, 3 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
As far as I know, an investigation has already been launched against the captain of the liner. Preview - problems with navigation systems. Port Canaveral CEO John Murray said it was "a separate incident that happened outside of our control." If malice or negligence is proven, yes, the captain will be suspended, and maybe even worse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join