It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If i cannot see the ads, but click them anyways, does ATS still get paid??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I browse this forum with he duckduckgo browser nowadays, which clears alot of junk in general from my in general web browsing than mozilla ever did. I have to frequently refresh the pages on ats though before some will load, but i can live with that. i never really see the ads, just a small icon where an image should be. I do see the message about shopping with folks who support ATS free speech though; which I appreciate because I like to see what the sponsors are offering. I was actually just about to buy some of those Alexapure personal survival water purifiers from my patriotsupply and then had a quick thought before I proceeded.

If i am running such a strict ad blocking tracker killing browser, does the website still know I was directed to their shop from ATS?? After all i only clicked the message and saw no actual banner. I don't want to make a purchase through your ads only for the forum not to get it's cut of adshares because their site does not know I was redirected from here. Can you clear this up for me?? If i have too I will just reopen some other browser to make it easier for you guys to get paid on the sale. But I think it's important question some others may have been thinking about as well, especially those who have already been making purchases through your ads.

I jump through all kind of inconvenient hoops to browse privately and not be tracked, including not saving one single login or password EVER, Decline all cookies every time that I can by clicking on the preferences that pop up on the alerts on a lot of web pages and just decline all (that one brings me back to the beginning internet days when practically all sites asked you beforehand) and typing into search bars and then clicking the result to visit a page.

But i like alot of stuff now that I am clicking the message where your banner goes more frequently and do want to buy a bit of it. I just want to make sure the browsing experience is not so effectively privatized that I would be preventing ATS from even getting any of that ad revenue.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You've been here long enuff to know ATS doesn't allow Ad Blockers anyway.

But, a great question...👍
edit on 01225031America/ChicagoSun, 30 Jan 2022 09:17:50 -060017202200000050 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
And yet, here i post about an ad i clicked.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I just get all clicky with it. I go deep sometimes. I just keep clicking. Costs me close to zero.

edit on 30-1-2022 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I said. You know...

new topics

top topics

join