It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broke down and had to do it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I have both, a personal Android and a work iPhone. I'm not a fan of the Apple products as I've always used Android.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

It's like the old PC/Apple wars of the 90s, except now it's the Android/Apple wars.

Both set of users are set in their ways, usually because they learned on one or the other.

I'm using a pretty outdated Blackberry Key2 right now. Probably get a Samsung next...

The only time I've ever ditched a vehicle, I forgot my cell at home...I hear ya.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss.

If you're just having it for situations like this, you can get a "tracphone" with prepaid minutes. I think my last one cost $5 a month if you didn't use it- I kept it in the truck so when I was up on the hill working and broke my regular phone I'd be able to tell the wife I was out of reach until I got home.
I've had a few near-death experiences in the past few years so she loses it when I stop responding on my phone for more than a few hours.

The last thing you want is a "smart" phone.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   

My Galaxy has both. I just had to get used to it.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger

Personally I wouldn't use an iPhone (or ANY of their related products or gadgets) even if someone paid for it AND paid me to use it.

iPhones also generally have a higher SAR rating (emit more radiation).

But they are intuitive.

To OP: you can buy new phones for cheap on Ebay. Got one for $300 unlocked. It's a 2017 phone but works great.

I don't see the point of shelling out $600-1200 on a 2021 phone unless you need to run highly demanding games or software.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I like Apple because I’ve never had one of their products break down on me. I have all 3 of my iPads still, with a soon to be fourth - the 9th gen.
I’m currently using IPad 7 right now. I keep upgrading only with myself to blame.
I’m probably going to grab the 9th gen in the next few weeks once our Best Buy gets the 128 GB in. Then, that should last me awhile.

Like I said, 8 plus, 128g around $300 +/- $50 and if you crack the face, about $25 to replace the screen. The back glass is more expensive, you can buy a whole frame with the back glass for about $55 (just checked the price, the back glass alone is about $4).

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/24.2022 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join