It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleaning Ceramic Stove Top And Stainless Steel Oven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I've got all the right chemicals and cleaning solutions, so they say, but it's a huge pain in my ass trying to keep it clean.I thought replacing the weird stove that was here and the old style coils that are a pain to clean, it's crazy. The Weiman's for the ceramic only works so well, gotta pull out steel wool to really get the stains up and the stainless, I have wipes that sorta work and I have to use microfiber to sorta finish the job.

Elbow grease seems to only sort of work. It's hard to see the fine details as my eyesight is slowly fading. It just seems that is shouldn't be so hard to clean up a little boiled water residue.
edit on 1/21/2022 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Have you tried WD-40 on the stainless? After all, it was created to clean and protect the stainless steel skin of the Atlas missile.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Not a fan myself. Stuck with it for now though.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   
dryer sheets. They have some type of solvent in them. I use them to shine up all the shiny chrome in the house. Wipe the dry dryer sheet, after it's done it's dryer time, on your taps if they're chrome or stainless.

I'd do a test spot first to make sure it doesn't dull the surface of your stovetop, but they say to dampen a dryer sheet and lay on the problem spot for a bit, it should wipe off.

There's a hack going around for extremely dirty pots and pans, you lay in the dryer sheet with a bit of warm water, leave for an hour, come back and it just wipes out.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher I hear ya last year I bought a new stove and thought let's get a ceramic top stove stainless steel air fryer pretty decent reviews it sounded great turned out to be one heck of a pita. No complaints about how it cooks but every little splatter of water, grease anything really turns the top into a work out that beats going to the gym. I found that Cerama Bryte and Mr Clean Magic Eraser is the only thing that cleans the brown burnt on stuff. I need to have my stove clean and I can tell you I have tried everything this seems to be the only thing that works for me. I use Widmans stainless cleaner wipes for the stainless and it works awesome. I never knew I had to work so hard to keep a stove top clean but I guess it is what it is I bought it it looks beautiful now I have to deal with it. 🤪

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Barkeepers friend?
I use citric acid and a soft scrubby for a stainless water distiller.. Don't know if you can use that on ceramic though, probably not

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I use a degreaser and a BRASS toothbrush size brush. The brass is softer than the finish, so it doesn't scratch, but gets rid of everything else.
edit on 21-1-2022 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Here's a secret.

Cleaning a stove like that is a two-step process (both of them pretty easy). The two parts are the cleaning part (removing the crud) which can be done with just plain old warm water. Flood the area to be cleaned using a wet dishrag, let it it for a couple minutes to soften the grime, then wipe it up.

The second step is removing the stain from the porcelain. This can also be easily done. The trick is cooking oil. Use another dry dishtowel with a little bit of cooking oil on it. You don't have to scrub, just rub it on. The stain will disappear.

If there's any oil residue left on the porcelain, just wipe it off with a damp cloth and a little soap. Don't use too much soap, it will leave a white film; use mostly water and just a tiny bit of soap.

BOOM! You're all done! Stove surface will be the cleanest it's ever been.

posted on Jan, 21 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Tomorrow. That'll be me.

I've heard lemon juice and salt....

Oh! And heat up oven/burners n cool down.

Easier to come off warm-er.

edit on 01221731America/ChicagoFri, 21 Jan 2022 20:48:17 -060048202200000017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Barkeeper's Friend!

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Great. So now I've got five opinions, which one should I go with?I do have all of the ingredients listed, thanks to Mom being a hoarder, Barkeepers and all that. I don't think BK is to rough as steel wool doesn't scratch the stove top. Just seems to be messy.

I'm more confused now lol. It's what I get for asking questions.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I'd try the one with the mildest ingredients. Maybe try FCD's first?

I do love BK....it's great on stainless steel.

Most of all, I have to say, I know think I will avoid that ceramic cooktop.
Sounds like more a PITA than anything else!
What happens if you drop something on it?
I remember chipping my old stove top pretty easily....back when they were white whatever that was....ceramic? Porcelain?

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Magic eraser.

I've managed people who clean for a living in various capacities. Magic eraser works wonders on finishes like enamel and porcelain. If the stain isn't baked into the finish, it'll get it up.

top topics

join