It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foundation of all religions and more

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mcsnacks77

Aww what a cute little luddite you are.

Let’s start this with the following statements
(a) I am a professional Scientist; I work in the Pharma industry for the last 20 years.
(b) I’m a practicing Neopagan, so I am not an atheist.

Moving on to your points

(1) You clearly don’t know dick about science (to use your own words and standards). We can indeed cure influenza. Ever hear of Tamiflu? I am guessing you are actually talking about COZVID. Its not the flu, it’s a different virus. Before you get into a “its just like the seasonal flu”. The Seasonal Flu of 1918 to 1920 was pretty fricking brutal. Google it.
(2) They know more about how a body works that any faith does. Just like most faiths know more about how emotion work than science does. Use the right tool for the job.
(3) Science never says it knows everything, rather it is a continuous improvement model. You have new evidence that calls the last understanding into question? Cool. Bring it on.
(4) Science is a Philosophy not a religion. Don’t try to compare. Its clear you don’t know the difference between a gnosis (a personal knowledge, aka a gut feeling) and an eídein (intellectual knowledge aka something that can be proven by others).
(5) You have shown you are not a critical thinker by your second sentence. You have a conformation bias against science. Chances are you do against non Abrahamic faiths too, though that is a gnosis I have not an eídein

Its clear you missed the points I had, to go rant about science. Let me simplify it for you. Not all religions are going the same direction, nor did they start at the same place. QED

posted on Jan, 27 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Really? You are? Wowzers? Seems like you would know tamiflu isn’t a cure. The makers of it even say “ Tamiflu can sometimes keep you from getting the flu if you take it before you get sick.” Sorry to bust your bubble but sometimes is far from a cure.
I’m not biased against science. Its that it’s all theoretical. And could all be unproven one day. So technically we don’t have knowledge, we have observations that are explained with the best understanding we have. Religion doesn’t know it all either. The knowledge we think we have is primitive at best. Scientists and archaeologists can’t even tell what year certain artifacts are from accurately or even close. Their entire carbon dating system has been proven to be wrong. So how can you say you have actual knowledge when every date and year could be way off. Unless it had the year and date on it, then it’s just a silly guess.
Science says they think they cannot make mistakes and are perfect, flawless creatures, and so are their observations. They want everyone to listen and follow the rules or there will be serious consequences.
Religion tells people the right way to live, and if veering off that path, there will be consequences. It teaches that God often judges others for their wrongdoings, so you better follow the word without question.
That’s how it is a religion.Science and religions are both used to control people with fear tactics. Science can be easily corrupted and exploited to fulfill an agenda because the results depend on what data or facts you decide to use.
So I’m biased evenly against science and all religions. Because I’m a critical thinker and know they are just what I call Bull#ters.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join