It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kimberly Potter found guilty

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Alec was accidental,he does not need to be jailed either in my opinion. Monetary punishment fits him in a civil suit though.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
I think the verdict was just. Now, we have to see how the judge sentences her.

She was truly remorseful, in my opinion, so the judge may show whatever degree of lenience she has at her disposal. Surely, once Potter is up for parole, maybe 5-6 years into her sentence, she'll get it.

No in a just world resisting arrest gets you whatever happens and your family has to accept your foolishness got you killed.
This was a sacrifice to BLM.

Yup play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

posted on Dec, 24 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Avardan

And yes, some human lives are worth more than others - the deceased was a criminal POS.

Good god that's a bold statement. What happens when the people in charge get to decide what lives are worth more than others? Like the vaccinated are worth more than the unvacinated. Will you go along with that?

We should be giving her a medal, not 10+ years.

Wow! So you're all for Judge dread? But realistically. You can't see where letting this woman off the hook is a bad idea? What happens when a liberal cop pulls you over for speeding or talking on your cell phone, or any other reason. And you piss him off, he decides you're resisting arrest and accidentally mistakes his gun for his taser.

See by making this woman pay for her mistake, and a big one it was even if he was a criminal. Other cops will think twice about accidentally wink wink blowing some one away with their taser.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Uknownparadox

Uh yeah.. the body cam sort of prevents a outright killing so your comparison to Judge dredd is off base. We mean resisting as in actually resisting that can be shown on Vid.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

the body cam sort of prevents a outright killing so your comparison to Judge dredd is off base.

My comparison was to this statement. Not to the body cam footage.

We should be giving her a medal, not 10+ years. Unbelievable. Who wants to be a cop now?

But if you want to discuss the body cam. The woman pull out a gun and yelled taser. Then shot and killed him. A prime example of my signature, on this day of giving. (Everyone gives it. Few keep it.) The reason you can't let her off the hook for this kind of mistake, is because every cop out there could pull their gun yell taser and get away with murder. But don't worry she won't be doing much time in prison. I bet 3 years max.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uknownparadox

the body cam sort of prevents a outright killing so your comparison to Judge dredd is off base.

My comparison was to this statement. Not to the body cam footage.

We should be giving her a medal, not 10+ years. Unbelievable. Who wants to be a cop now?

But if you want to discuss the body cam. The woman pull out a gun and yelled taser. Then shot and killed him. A prime example of my signature, on this day of giving. (Everyone gives it. Few keep it.) The reason you can't let her off the hook for this kind of mistake, is because every cop out there could pull their gun yell taser and get away with murder. But don't worry she won't be doing much time in prison. I bet 3 years max.

Ah yes but HERE is the thing to that. Her REACTIONS after she accidentally shot the criminal. Vid provides emotional reactions and not many cops can fake concern like that. Still think this is a accident and did not need to be prosecuted.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Meh, peeps on here read Fox news and they are suddenly F, Lee Bailey.

Cops use resisting arrest as a fallback to cover there butts when they bash peeps heads against the floor.

Luckily we have a jury, who are presented FACTS.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You just proved her negligence. Ooops, my bad is a defense now????

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Ah yes but HERE is the thing to that. Her REACTIONS after she accidentally shot the criminal.

I thought her reaction was, OMG I am going to jail. Did she render aid?

Vid provides emotional reactions and not many cops can fake concern like that.

People can't and don't fake emotional reactions? People fake them all the time, or at least the people I know and the people in movies.

Still think this is a accident and did not need to be prosecuted.

Again if you let the woman off the hook, it's a clear message to every cop out there, Yell taser and shoot who ever you want. But don't worry she won't be in jail long. Cops never are. In a few years her sentence will be reconsidered and she will be out and probably back on the force. Derek other hand might not get out so quick. Since he opted for time in federal prison, for safety reasons.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yes she did render aid.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   

According to what I can find. That's not what Kim potter said at trial.

Erin Eldridge: You’d agree that, as a police officer, you have the duty to render aid and communicate information to other officers, right? Kim Potter: Yes. EE: And it’s part of your job to assist those who are hurt or injured. True? KP: Yes. EE: And to communicate to other officers what you know about a particular scene, right? KP: Yes. EE: Give them whatever information you can to help them do their jobs to help render assistance, things like that. Right? KP: Yes. EE: But you didn’t do any of those things on April 11, did you? KP: No. EE: You stopped doing your job completely. You didn’t communicate what happened over the radio, right? KP: No. EE: You didn’t make sure any officers knew what you had just done, right? KP: No. EE: You didn’t run down the street and try to save Daunte Wright’s life, did you? KP: No. EE: You didn’t check on the other car that had been hit, did you? KP: No. EE: That all happened just down the road from you. KP: Yes.

EE: You didn’t run down the street and try to save Daunte Wright’s life, did you? KP: No.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

apparently the pages i had do not exist anymore. But if you have a transcript,Then that must be correct. its funny how another site suggested she did render aid,just not immediatly.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Avardan

She was 100% negligent and guilty of the charges. I call it straight down the line, and on this one, she didn't just make a mistake, she was totally negligent which resulted in a death. Doesn't matter if the "perp" was resisting, it was not yet to a point where lethal force is required, which is why she meant to taz him, not shoot him.

By the way, Rittenhouse was 100% not guilty, self defense all the way and the jury was right on that one too.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   
When BBC radio 2 relayed this verdict a couple of days ago, they pointed out the cop was white and the criminal was black. How odd. Oh, and the usual "hopefully this verdict will help towards changing things" schtick.

I recently came across a youtube channel called PoliceActivity. Here's one of the latest videos, a bizarre encounter and cop lucky to be alive. Are some coppers scared of drawing their guns now for fear of legal repercussions or was he just wet behind the ears?

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have seen my share of rogue cops. Probably more than most people. And there definitely needs to be some measure of control and a method of procuring justice for the victims of cops who bend the rules believing the badge will protect them, regardless of the crimes they commit.

That having been said, we also need control of rogue juries, judges, DA's, etc, who make decisions based on what they believe the public reaction will be. There is nothing in our Constitution that says a suspects rights should be sacrificed if the general public may react poorly to a certain verdict. There is, however, something in there about the general public losing some of its liberties should they attempt to employ mob rule tactics.

Like most other things, our problem is that we stray, for whatever reason, away from the Constitution and the spirit in which it was intended. If we stayed true to that document I dare say most of our problems would simply vanish in a puff of liberal vanity.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

What evidence do you have that juries are rigged? Because you disagree with the outcome?

If thats the case then why not go back to frontier justice cuz somebody is going to disagree with every single outcome.

The problem is that cops are allowed to do internal investigations. Thats like having the fox guard the henhouse. I think each state needs to have an independent review board where any incident like this gets a proper review with subpoena power for bodycams etc. And of course....ex cops would not be allowed anywhere near the board.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Why don't you ask Nichole Simpson if juries are honest?

What evidence do you have to prove they are legit?

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Well, she is dead, so kinda hard to ask, and

You made the assertion so the onus is on you to prove such things. Your petty response tells me you prefer public-opinion decisions vs a jury?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join