It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois minors can get abortions without parental notification

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Full title is : Illinois minors can get abortions without parental notification after Dem governor Pritzker signs repeal

www.foxnews.com...

Doctors in Illinois will no longer need to notify the parents of an underage girl 48 hours before her scheduled abortion, after Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed a repeal of the state's law Friday.

Pritzker, a Democrat, claimed the previous law punished the most vulnerable girls, such as those who were "victims of rape and physical abuse in unsafe homes," according to reports.

"With reproductive rights under attack across the nation, Illinois is once again establishing itself as a leader in ensuring access to health care services," Pritzker said, FOX 32 of Chicago reported.

The Parental Notification Act was passed by the general assembly in 1995 but didn’t take effect until nearly two decades later because it was challenged in the courts, the Chicago Sun-times reported. The law required notification, not consent, as is the case in nearly two dozen other states.

"Victims of rape and physical abuse in unsafe homes " Call me crazy, but isn't that what cops are for ? Oh wait, they defunded those, so there goes that option.

I swear, this world is getting more ass backwards every day. Someone in the comment section reflected my own thoughts. If you have a child in school and they get a headache, the school nurse can't even give them a couple of Tylenol without your permission. If that child is injured, what is the first thing they do ? Notify the parents. If your teenage daughter falls down the stairs at school and has to be taken by ambulance to a hospital, unless it is a literal life or death situation, they will not treat an underage person without parental consent.

But hold on there parents, because now she can get an abortion without you even knowing. Unless of course something goes wrong and then you'll be notified because you're about to be ass deep in medical bills. Can you sue the abortion clinic ? Probably not. The law says it can be done without your consent or even being notified.
An underage child can't legally buy alcohol, drive, buy a gun or tobacco, can't vote and many other things.
But now they can get an abortion.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for "My body, my choice" but an underage child getting an abortion without the parents even being told ? I can only speak from the male side of things, but a horny teenager has the thought capacity of a rabbit in heat. Luckily, I had a Dad who knew the signs and bought condoms for me and would actually check my wallet before I went on a date to make sure I had one.
Teach your kids about safe sex, because the schools and politicians don't care anymore.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Planned Parenthood aborts very young girls and won't even report to police. This has been going on for years. That organisation will destroy evidence rather than provide dna to police. Tragic.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

not at all surprising once you fully grasp that we are deep into clown world.
next will be a points system for abortions where after 5, you can use your points towards anything from page 5 of the catalog. Shipping and handling extra of course.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yet if same underage girl played hooky or committed a crime, the parents are held responsible.

And lets face it....99 percent of abortions are probably used as contraception vs Pops shagging his daughter/sister

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think it’s less likely that incest is being practiced then it is the goons need more foetal material and teenagers are easy to manipulate into both having sex (and keeping it a dirty little secret) and aborting the result ( especially now that Mum and Dad can be legally kept out of the passage of information.)

What happens to the abortion and does a financial beneficiary become manifest at anytime in the removal and disposal process?

a reply to: lakenheath24

new topics

top topics

join