It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster in the Times of COVID

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

21st Century "duck and cover".

... Next.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My mom was less worried about clean than she was about holes in our underwear and socks. Don't get me wrong - she wanted it to be clean, but I think she was less worried about us putting on dirty underwear then about us wearing socks and underwear with holes.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is why CDC is a joke. Nothing but a bunch of no good bureaucrats. They will all be fired when Republicans take back the WH.

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeremyhuex
This is why CDC is a joke. Nothing but a bunch of no good bureaucrats. They will all be fired when Republicans take back the WH.

Maybe not. The CDC has 2 and 3 generations of family members working there. Entrenched like you wouldn't believe.

Did you see the HHS-CDC warnings about shelters when AIDS was the pandemic?

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ja, now we have a disaster on top of a crisis.

So much flooding and tragedy.

The question in Brussels now is, how many migrants can we take?
edit on 13-12-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

OK. Well. Fired the director first.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 01:41 AM
link   
And still they stand (I assume unvaxxed) at the Polish border.

And they all want to go to Germany!

I'm not sure what they think they're going to find?

But who can blame them, these images of Germany were hardly distributed by globalist news agencies outside the country.

edit on 14-12-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

This is a vintage quote and every time I read it people explain that the word stupid in this case means not dumb. It is all encompassing the things you just explained.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Disasters like this have hit almost every country. Just within the last few months. It is like a warning on a global scale.

Governments may try to sell the idea that they can control nature, but I think nature is doing a pretty good job of showing us just how strong and resilient it can be.

I think the most important lesson we can learn from these catastrophes is just how inept the government is when you need them the most.

Getting blindsided with a disaster is traumatizing. Your emotions are all over the place. You are ecstatic that you are still alive. You praise and rejoice for what was spared. You mourn and greive for what is lost.

You feel energized and hopeful each time you are able to accomplish something, no matter how small. Anything is a win when the devastation is so great. You forge through one step at a time.

Then you swing back to anger, uncertainty, fear, and hopeless, when you look at all the devastation around you.

Your leaders will be using your pain as photo ops and making promises that will never be fulfilled. They will use your crisis for their gain.

The most help will come from neighboring areas, but they will be just as confused and unsure as you.

Government assistance that does show up will need direction, they don't know your town, and they don't know your needs as well as you do.

I know I am sounding like a broken record, but I can't stress hard enough how important it is to have an organized community plan for a time of disaster.

Bug out bags are bandaids. Prepping is good, but when everything you have stored ends up being blown or washed up miles away, it will be of little help.

I strongly believe the best prepping plan includes, and is integrated, with a strong community group.

The government will not be there. And if they do show up, they will be a day too late and a few million dollars short.

The best choice is to invest in self and community, when you are in an "Enemy Mine" situation.

posted on Dec, 14 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

This is a vintage quote and every time I read it people explain that the word stupid in this case means not dumb. It is all encompassing the things you just explained.

I agree.

Dumb is the first image that comes to mind when the word "stupid" is used. It is almost a knee jerk response.

I think that goes back, way too many years, to childhood. Back when stupid was the worse expletive we could sometimes get away with using.

But I think even the commonly accepted, proper meaning of stupid, poorly describes what we are dealing with today.

I don't think the majority of the people are lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind. They are pretty sharp, intense, quick to respond and attack.

They are not mentally dull or even foolish.

It is not that they lack forethought or caution.

Deception and lies can build a strong fortress against truth.

The only part of the description of stupid that perhaps fits, is being in a state of stupor.

But even the word stuporous, falls short of the mark.

We are dealing with an attack on our spirit and souls. We are physical beings, and we have spent centuries focused on our bodies, and have ignored our minds and spirits.

posted on Dec, 18 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This kind of thing has been going on a while now.

Repost fom April earlier this year:

People on the Caribbean island where a volcano went off are being evacuated on cruise ships — but not without a COVID-19 vaccine

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1   >>

join