It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mask and bath tub analogy. Does this make sense?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0nautSimilarly, people wearing a mask breathe the same fresh air as the unmasked.

Is this a joke? This is clearly not true. People who wear a mask clearly don't get fresh air. Or else people wear mask 24 7 365 no problem.
edit on 25-11-2021 by zoller because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: zoller

originally posted by: chr0nautSimilarly, people wearing a mask breathe the same fresh air as the unmasked.

Is this a joke? This is clearly not true. People who wear a mask clearly don't get fresh air. Or else people wear mask 24 7 365 no problem.

The masks don't create air, so people wearing a mask, who still need to breathe air, must be getting it from somewhere?

You know that a minute without air would render most people fairly dead. People wear masks far longer than that.

Perhaps the air, like, gets through the mask?

edit on 25/11/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: zoller

Funny that bath-time was mentioned, because have been conducting an experiment for about four months now.

Got a tad weary of always wearing masks, so decided to go rogue, and live wild and free a bit.
So stopped wearing masks in the shower.

The unexpected benefit, is that the paper masks last much longer now !!

Used to have to discard them almost every two months. What a waste !
But now that they are no-longer being worn in the shower, well, this current one, that am wearing now, has lasted over four months !!

They're bloody expensive, ya know !! ?

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Poor analogy. Breathe is rich in carbon dioxide. If mask reduces dispersal of air breathed out, there will be higher CO2 around the face of a mask wearing compared to a person who does not wear a mask. Go and test it on a machine. I'm sure the machine will find more CO2 around a person's face who wears a mask compared to someone who don't wear a mask. Tell me who performs better on a test. Someone who wears a mask while doing the test or someone who does not wear a mask while doing the test.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

This guy is showing how double masking “works”

LOL not convinced, look at the clouds of Covid droplets.

edit on 11 25 2021 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

edit on 11 25 2021 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Poor analogy. Breathe is rich in carbon dioxide. If mask reduces dispersal of air breathed out, there will be higher CO2 around the face of a mask wearing compared to a person who does not wear a mask. Go and test it on a machine. I'm sure the machine will find more CO2 around a person's face who wears a mask compared to someone who don't wear a mask. Tell me who performs better on a test. Someone who wears a mask while doing the test or someone who does not wear a mask while doing the test.

I tried this with my tester. Same results as this guy….

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Disinfection protocol...does moderate use kill virus indoors?💯
Are we following protocol?🤔
Then why are some of us wearing a mask after disinfection?😬

🙏❤

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

It's not about oxygen level. It's about carbon dioxide level. Ever wonder why a pillow can suffocate a person?

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   

a reply to: NorthOfStuff

It's not about oxygen level. It's about carbon dioxide level. Ever wonder why a pillow can suffocate a person?

Tried my sensor on CO setting with the same result.

Squawked like crazy.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Chr0naut mate your beating a dead horse.

Cloth Mask even N95 mask are meant to be used ONCE , the same as latex gloves .

Re-using a Cloth mask is absolutely useless , Surgeons throw the Mask and Gloves away immediately after surgery . The only way to protect our bodies from Covid-19 is to wear Full hazmat suits every moment of every day .

Mate everyone on this planet has been exposed to Covid-19 , it's over let it go .

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Carbon dioxide is not toxic. We can tolerate a little of our outgoing breath, even if we have halitosis.

Please provide a link to actual data that supports the idea that re-breathing a bit of our outgoing breath makes people perform worse at tests.

Other parts of the body use one-way valves to ensure the flow of waste products and body fluids, always go in the correct direction. Why don't our bronchial tubes have such one way valves, and we have a separate exhaust tube?

Also, well constructed masks are porous. Do not use cling-film as a mask.

edit on 25/11/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The amount of CO found in air is acceptable.

Anything above that can have an impact in the long term.

“0-9 ppm CO: no health risk; normal CO levels in air.
10-29 ppm CO: problems over long-term exposure; chronic problems such as headaches, nausea
30-35 ppm CO: flu-like symptoms begin to develop, especially among the young and the elderly.
36-99 ppm CO: flu-like symptoms among all; nausea, headaches, fatigue or drowsiness, vomiting.
100+ ppm CO: severe symptoms; confusion, intense headaches; ultimately brain damage, coma, and/or death, especially at levels 300-400+ ppm”

www.mcair.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Re-using a Cloth mask is absolutely useless , Surgeons throw the Mask and Gloves away immediately after surgery . The only way to protect our bodies from Covid-19 is to wear Full hazmat suits every moment of every day .

Mate everyone on this planet has been exposed to Covid-19 , it's over let it go .

I always wanted an airconditioned space suit to walk around in.

But, no, the fact that COVID-19 is still spreading in epidemic proportions indicates that everyone on the planet has NOT been exposed to COVID-19.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

But, no, the fact that COVID-19 is still spreading in epidemic proportions indicates that everyone on the planet has NOT been exposed to COVID-19.

Are you sure about that? I was under the impression every person on the planet catches a cold every year.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Are you sure about that mate ?

I mean sure people keep testing Positive for it but that does not in turn indicate that it is still spreading , Its a fact people can catch Covid-19 multiple times and mostly not even know they ever had it.

Covid-19 is very very contagious and it's been what almost two years now ?

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Are you sure about that? I was under the impression every person on the planet catches a cold every year.

I have had years when I haven't caught a cold.

But COVID-19 isn't just a cold, in the same way that the 1918 'Spanish' flu wasn't just a flu.

There was something different about them, and it had to do with their symptoms.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I wouldn't advise running or doing sports with the masks on.

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I have had years when I haven't caught a cold.

But COVID-19 isn't just a cold, in the same way that the 1918 'Spanish' flu wasn't just a flu.

There was something different about them, and it had to do with their symptoms.

What is or isn't a cold depends on how much immunity people have to them. OC43 was very deadly in the 1890 / 1891 pandemic when people didn't have immunity to it. Probably even more so than SARS CoV 2.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join