It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite images show China built mock-ups of US warships

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Almost certainly.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: MDDoxs

originally posted by: Kurokage

Satellite images show China has built mock-ups of a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier and destroyer in its northwestern desert, possibly for practice for a future naval clash as tensions rise between the nations.

The images captured by Colorado-based satellite imagery company Maxar Technologies dated Sunday show the outlines of a U.S. aircraft carrier and at least one destroyer sitting on a railway track.

Maxar identified the location as Ruoqiang, a Taklamakan Desert county in the northwestern Xinjiang region.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin said at a daily briefing Monday that he had no information about the images, saying, “I’m not aware of the situation you mentioned."

Satellite images show China built mock-ups of US warships

The design of the mock-ups do seem to be based on basic American ship design and lay out. Do the Chinese think the best way to stop a carrier fleet group is to try and and land forces on a carrier and take out the heart of the group perhaps? I'd say an impossible task but we've seen how the Iranian small and fast attack boats operate, maybe China thinks it could attack a carrier like that or perhaps a small sub of special forces?

China obviously doesn't care about the mock-ups being imaged out in the open so they must think they now on a par with America Militarily wise. I imagine this was done in the past just less blatant and under cover.

Do you guys think this is newsworthy or do you guys think that most militaries around the world do this kind thing anyway.

Mock up naval ships on rails in a desert? Is it me or does the location in a desert and ships being of this size on a railway track not add up?

They must be paper mache or something.

Ummm...word on the street has it that those are no mockups...

They're the real deal...

in dry dock...

YouSir

That would be in very dry docks!

Ummm...dry as my humor...

docks...

D'oh...

YouSir

new topics

<< 1   >>

join