It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing girl saved after she used hand signs from TikTok to ask for help from moving car, sheriff sa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The hand gestures used by the teen have been popularized on TikTok and "represent violence at home – I need help – domestic violence," the sheriff's office said. A witness in a car driving behind Brick's Toyota called 911 upon recognizing the hand signals and told dispatchers the teen appeared to be in "distress."

Missing girl saved after she used hand signs from TikTok to ask for help from moving car, sheriff says

allegedly a male predator took a teenage girl against her will
she displayed a hand signal from TikTok to a driver going by who notified the authorities. car was stopped, predator arrested, prey free.

I know nearly nothing about TikTok but I'm glad this ended happily.

The Canadian Women's Foundation says an international, universal signal for help in a case of domestic violence or other distress can be made with one hand. Face your palm forward and with your thumb tucked in, then close your other fingers over your thumb to "trap" it.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Women have so many crazy things like this. It's amazing. I've been at a bar, and a girl went up to the bar, asked for "Angela", they guy was like... "Angela? No Angela's here, sorry." Then a woman came over, pulled her behind the bar, cops came about ten minutes later and arrested the guy she was with.

It turned out she was in an abusive relationship with him, and he'd told her that if she didn't do something, I can't remember what, he'd shoot her when they got home.

I guess she'd had enough. There's almost always a sisterhood, I'm glad for that. Times are different now, it's nice to see the younger generations have more inclusive/wide spread signals like this.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
When this becomes more widely known, I'd be willing to bet we'll see a large number of idiots who will call 911 every time they see a kid wave.
"It looked like the 'distress' signal!"

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

When this becomes more widely known, I'd be willing to bet we'll see a large number of idiots who will call 911 every time they see a kid wave. "It looked like the 'distress' signal!"

There's also the possibility that kids will start using these hand signals just because they're mad at their parents, and think it would be funny if they got pulled over by the cops.

I think this is it.

edit on 11/6/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

(post by RonaldLarry7890 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

join