It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Wandering Souls" - a mystical US weapon in Vietnam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

It look's to me reading that by the period of the Vietnam war the officers in charge had forgotten the lessons of WW2.

They did by the time they realized the concept of hearts and minds but that was not until much later.

There are two ways' to defeat an enemy, total medieval kill them all war or make them think you are the good guy's, often when the former is not possible the latter actually work's.

Another interesting tale but earlier than this one from Vietnam was from the Philippines in the 1950's.
www.wearethemighty.com...

Psychological war is actually one of the oldest tools of war though, in ancient times the heads of fallen enemy's were staked out to demoralise there side, during the medieval period body's of the slain were thrown using catapults over castle walls to demoralize as well as spread disease among the defenders as well as rotting animal carcases specifically to spread disease.

By the first world war when the Russians were still involved in that conflict the Germans used Magic Lanterns a kind of early projector to project images of the holy family onto the clouds over the Trenches to try to make the Russians think that God was on the side of the German's.

But most psychological warfare was and continues to be used against governments own people's to keep them in line and make them controllable, in the west this has even gotten to the point were Chemtrail spraying using Lithium which acts to sedate people and make them more calm and pliable was even used over many western nations presumably to make them easier to control than they were back in the 60's, 70's and early 80's when mass riot's broke out in many nations against unpopular autocratic action's by western government's such as the miners strikes in the UK and while more peaceful the Civil right's marches in the US (Were the FBI and CIA were also actively involved in seeding black community's with drug's).

In general you will find that once the ideology's of the cold war are out of the way there were no good guy's and generally if the Soviets did it in Russia to there people you are more than likely similar was done in the west.

In the UK we even had US and Royal Navy ship's spraying infection causing bacteria in an aerosol mist just off the coast of major population centres in the UK to see and monitor how it spread which they said was to see how it would affect us if an enemy used a biological weapon against us, they did but the enemy was our own government.
nr23.net...
Then you have the US experiment in France that cost many lives and sent many people insane.
www.learning-mind.com...

Most western powers were guilty of activity's that would look more at home under the NAZI's of Germany such as this for example though this was even earlier.

The myth that many believe in the west was that the Soviets were the EVIL guy's and there leaders were the GOOD guy's and in fact both regimes were guilty of vile actions against there own people.

So you see Psychological warfare to control and keep people in the Dark is an essential tool of control used by all government's, sad but true we are all ruled by criminals and idiot's.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You have discovered a lot of new things for me. All this should be properly studied and comprehended, thank you.
In my opinion, in antiquity, wars were more honest, if you can call it that. For example, in the famous Battle of Kulikovo, which was the beginning of the end of the Tatar-Mongol yoke in Russia, before the battle, the hero Chelobei met in a duel from the Tatar side, and from the Russian side - a simple monk from the Trinity-Sergevka Lavra, performing without armor and any protection, Peresvet ... He deliberately ran into Chelobei's spear in order to get to him and kill him. At the cost of his life, the monk achieved the enthusiasm of the Russian army and a deafening victory.
In the West, there were knightly laws. Let's remember, at least, the laws of King Arthur. Despite all the pain, blood, sweat and dirt, people used to be nobler in everything. They were afraid to destroy their Soul by meanness.
Things are different now. Victory at any cost - at the cost of the lives of children, women, old people, at the cost of the death of your Soul. It is sad. Are we really so lowered that we are ready to destroy our Soul for the sake of success? Darkness((((

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I think the real sword in the stone was actually this.

mysteriesrunsolved.com...

As for King Arthur, to me he is just an idealized figure and a legend perhaps based on several real kings but the account we know of today comes down to us from a medieval monk whom wrote about him as if he were indeed fact.

Undoubtedly he drew on real account's by earlier writers now lost to us but how much was real and how much was romance we may never know.
www.caerleon.net...

Even the identity of and if there ever was a real king Arthur are up for debate with most modern historians regarding him as not having ever been a real figure or at the most a distorted memory of a long dead real figure such as Arturius.
en.wikipedia.org...

It is what we would call a Rabit hole, nothing is as it seems and the deeper you go the stranger it becomes.

Good hunting.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I totally agree that if someone invades you, it's your duty to resist and fight back. But that in and of itself, doesn't make war any more right, just necessary.

I had a teacher in 5th grade. He was a fat guy who had a serious anger issue at times. He was a "tunnel rat" in viet nam. he would tell us stories we never should have learned. I found out what "pungi sticks" were, and when I learned what a "tunnel rat" actually did, his anger made some sense to me. Also his weight. I think he got fat so he would never have to go into places like that again.

Apocalypse now was an epic movie that was amazingly well done IMHO. The music added the over the top aspect of it, but the acting, the storyline of Kurtz, and the way Sheen's character tried to understand what drove Kurtz to the madness he had showed was very human and humbling. It remains one of my all time favorites.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
I will not get into too much, but I know a vet who told me about this years ago.

Interrogation would include a helicopter and a knife. If a prisoner did not talk...well use your imagination. It is hard for your body to be buried whole if you are missing a finger. And tripped and fell 500 feet. But your friends would not shut up after seeing that.

I've heard from several sources that that was a myth
get a guy in the helo like that and he'd say anything to avoid being dropped.
perhaps it happened a very few times and became local legend.

from the French Revolution to the Taliban...fanaticism plus violence, and a willingness to practice same, leads to no-win situations.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

top topics

<< 1   >>

join