It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those That Don’t Learn From History Are Doomed To Mess It Up

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   
While it might seem a minor detail to design a license plate and incorporate appropriate state history as a means of civic pride. It really is best to have actually intelligent people versus just educated as part of the process. Fortunately it was an easy enough fix by flipping the plane thanks to computer graphics before sending to be printed on all those plates...oh wait, too late they have been printing the plates already and must now be recycled.

New Ohio license plates

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

If you have not pointed that out in the thread I would never have noticed it was something wrong with the license plates.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Collector plate$. Get 'em now if you can.

And...Ohio...Ohio kind of freaks me out in general. Cleveland has some weird history and the vibe to go with it. Cincinnati also got that "it's kind of cool here & there but you can feel the darkness" vibe too.

Ohioians? Always suspect until proven otherwise. I mostly joke, of course, yet some will get exactly what I mean.

edit on 21-10-2021 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Ohio is one of the spookiest states around. Tremendous history of weirdness even before Europeans started settling what would become the US. Whole cultures of tribes just disappearing into nothing. Other cultures and tribes resettled and disappeared. And that is just the Greater Miami Valley between the Great Miami River and Little Miami Rivers and surrounding areas which would include Serpent Mound and Chillicothe. Even the Hollow Earth Theory came from this area.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
They are not just dumb, but also very cheap. And dumb. The flipped image of the plane doesn't have the right perspective now...

Sheesh. hahaha

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: coamanach

Correct.

It now is in a climb while the banner shows as being towed by a plane in descent.

posted on Oct, 21 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

These plates look ridiculous.

I don’t plan to get one when I have to renew.

posted on Oct, 22 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I still have the older Beautiful Ohio plates that came out around 2009 on the Mustang. These are a little too busy, like they were going for Richard Scarry’s Busy Busy World.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join