It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Veterans Who Are UFO True Believers Return to Newly Attentive Washington

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:35 AM
link   

you would think that, at least in the 80’s … anyone who had a story to tell about a UFO and Missile event to an organization, let’s say, such as MUFON, would want to be as accurate and precise about the details as best as possible and not to mince words when it came to the technical aspects witnessed.
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Sure, but the events under discussion are from the 60's, if I recall. And we are dealing with two disparate things: a UFO intercepting a missile, and the unrelated events having to do with ICBM ground control systems being disarmed.

For the first event the conclusion is that there was never a UFO at all.

For the second series of events the conclusion, so far, has to do with SDC software upgrading for SAC. It was in 1968 that SAC completed its tests, after correcting some problems in the JOVIAL code of critical subsystems of the 465L system (the ones controlling the ICBM system). The 465L system was a piece of art for the Strategic Air Command, but a piece of art that took its time to work smoothly. It never did, though.

One of the malfunctioning pieces of JOVIAL code was precisely the one related to ICBM ack-engagement signal. A non-responding missile automatically and unintentionally triggered the cascading failure of all of the remaining ICBMs in the affected silo. This was known as the NOACK JOVIAL problem. It was corrected, in 1970. Can't recall now whether it was corrected by SDC itself, or by MITRE Corporation.

So I think the guys reporting these 'poltergeists' didn't really want to be as accurate and precise about the details as they could. They simply didn't have the knowledge to know the complexities of the 465L system. It wasn't their job, anyway.

posted on Oct, 23 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Yes….from my quote….we are focused on the story of the UFO intercepting the Atlas missile.

I am inclined to agree with you about the ICBM ground control systems being disarmed. I could believe a software glitch causing a dangerous series of technical events.

👽🍷

<< 1   >>

join