It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good deed brings great rewards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just a little story of how I helped an old lady today and then the feeling of mental wellness which followed.

I was picking my son up from school today and during the drive home I witnessed an old lady fall on an uneven pavment, I immediatly stopped my car and to my horror the lady who informed me she was 87 had landed firmly on her cheek and head, causing her a cut to her forehead which was bleeding profusely.

An ambulance was called for by the butcher where the lady was trying to go shopping, I then proceeded to ensure she was OK, I made sure she had not lost any of her valuables during the fall and contacted her relative with her phone (with the ladies permission), I then moved her car which she had parked near the butchers to where she was going (for some mince meat and sausages) I took photos of the pavement which had 4" crack/hole in it and advised her when her health is better to seek compensation from the local council.

This is a lady who based on her age of 87 has been through many a tough time (WW2) she remained calm while waiting for the ambulance and told me that it was her grand daughters birthday tomorrow, lets hope she is not to sore and hurt from the fall and is able to celebrate her grandaughters birthday as originally planned, why do I bring this story to you.....its simple nothing in the world feels as positive and fulfilling as helping someone who has succumbed to an injury or even someone less fortunate than yourself.

In short if you can help someone, do so, you will feel better about the world and yourself for doing so.

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Thanks for sharing. The world needs more people like you.
I remember seeing a quote somewhere that read: "There's no such thing as a small act of kindness"

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing this with us!

It's hard enough being old without falling and harming yourself. Poor dear. I hope she heals quickly.

posted on Oct, 15 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Great. Good for you! And thank you...it will come back to you.

top topics

join