It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoo Ba Ba Kanda...with Robert Tilton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Robert Tilton is one of the most expressive entertainers of the late 20th century. He could wrap a live audience around his little finger with his on stage dancing and antics. I loved to watch him if only for the comic value he always presented.

Tilton became a millionaire with his live shows and his TV programs, selling one of the greatest products ever sold, Christianity. He was one of the first to utilize the prayer method of placing his hand up to the camera while extolling his parishioners to place their hands on their TV screens and join him in prayer.

Tilton would often go into speaking in tongues. He would squint his eyes and shake his head and begin to jabber nonsense, claiming it was ancient wisdom falling from his mouth. He would tell his audience that he was receiving a message from the Lord, and go into small trances before jerking back to reality to deliver his messages from God.

Tilton made millions for himself.

Years ago, someone, made a video of Tilton's little facial gestures and body spasms that he used to signify that the Lord was in him, and dubbed farting noises into the video. I'm not going to post any of those videos because they are not the gist of this thread.

The gist of this thread is the emerging musical style of tearing apart old videos, augmenting them in such a manner as to create coherent soundscapes in their own right. Doing this in time with video presentations is a very interesting field of creativity.

Anyway, someone who is very very good at this art form has done an ommage to Tiltion's noises, facial gestures and quirks in this send-up of his antics.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Honestly this is the only reason I know the guy. And it's hit #1 on YT.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I think presenting Pastor Gas was one of the first threads I put up on ATS when I joined. We laughed and laughed and laughed. Then when I visited it a few days ago it was just as funny as it was more than a decade ago.

What got me there this time was looking for another more modern form of media prayer. I saw a preacher on the internet giving a live performance and taking calls from viewers. What he did was utilize the phone in capability to put not only one ''call in caller'' on the air, but ALL his ''call ins'' on the air at the same time. He hooked them all up, who knows how many, and then invited them all to pray into their phones at one time so that their voices could be joined together and be heard by the Lord better.

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

This guy was making the rounds on YT and FB way back in the beginning. I can't see this man and his Christian Hairdo anywhere near the good lord.... Just a guy on the interwebs that is enjoying his audible gastric events.

And for 12 easy payments of $99.99, the good Pastor Tilton Gasser will bottle his ubiquitous miracle and send it to yewwww.

new topics

top topics

join