It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street giants using financial power to pressure cities to enforce SJW agenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have warned about this in the past, but this article pretty much informs the reader of just how the Globalists, working through the World Economic Forum's push for adoption and enforcement of ESG rating standards, is going to drastically change life in the US, right down to the local level.

While the MSM distracts the public with COVID and other non-sensical issues of varying degrees of importance, the push-down from the top is going to pale in comparison in terms of the impact on life in the US. And this is just the beginning.

www.americanthinker.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

Some of Wall Street's biggest buyers of America's state and local government bonds are starting to ask questions about racial equity. Five investment giants — BlackRock Inc., Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Lord, Abbett & Co., Morgan Stanley Investment Management and Vanguard Group Inc. — are working with two minority-owned underwriters, Loop Capital Markets and Siebert Williams Shank & Co., to develop and distribute a questionnaire that governments will be asked to fill out before new bond deals are arranged. It will ask about policing policies, efforts to combat race-based inequality, social services and the demographic breakdown of the government's workforce, among other things.

As one follows the money trail, we find that one of the big reasons these underwriting companies are so adamant about pushing this agenda is because that in turn affects THEIR ESG rating scores and that affects their ability to acccess capital markets.

BlackRock, by far the biggest funds manager, and other big Wall Street funds reportedly are buying up houses and converting them to rental units, thereby making housing unaffordable to many buyers and transitioning away from a nation of homeowners to one of renters. But by signing up to this SJW agenda, I suppose they hope to escape political condemnation from the left and the media.

In terms of the impact this ESG system is going to have on the US, national and regional politics pales in comparison. And is the MSM touching this issue? No.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

And there this is the pressure from ICLIE, a UN NGO that is working the pressure on county and municipality associations from the bottom up.
ICLIE
ICLIE USA

And all this is tied back to the UN and the World Economic Forum/Klaus Schwab.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I kind of follow BIS. Here is just for some more info on a similar topic, an article from Reuters about how BIS is warning of a green asset bubble.

"There are signs that ESG assets’ valuations may be stretched," the BIS, which holds regular meetings for the world's central banks, said as part of its latest quarterly report.

Claudio Borio, head of its monetary and economic department, referred to it as the "green bubble" risk, highlighting how the surge in ETFs and mutual funds was comparable to parts of the mortgage backed security market in the runup to the global financial crisis.

"You could have too much, too quickly of a good thing," Borio said. "We know valuations are rather rich".

www.reuters.com...

Here is a graph from the article.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I just watched a YouTube video on BlackRock a week or so ago. I had to dredge it up because it touches on the agendas your OP is talking about. Here is the video, an interesting watch for sure for anyone who has never heard of BlackRock before.

For those who want to skip to the relevant part to the OP skip to 13:20. A small quote: ""Larry even straight up wrote a letter telling companies that they need to "contribute to society to receive his firm's support." This new push for sustainable investing or ESG investing is a big reason why you see so many corporations trying to appear woke these days."

This could explain the big push of "woke" culture in all aspects of society.

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Without asking the most pertinent questions which is… what’s wrong with racial equiality? I will say this… none… absolutely none of this big time Wall Street hedge funds care one bit about racial equality. They might do some things here and there to save face but trust me, if these companies/corporations truly cared about racially equality then racial inequality wouldn’t exist.

So please do not worry, nothing is going to change, nothing will ever change. Many of us that were born with the different pigmentation have come to realize this a long time ago and so should you.

edit on 25-9-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Everytime I see BIS I immediately think of best in slot. a reply to: TonyS

Best In Slot.

Buried In Sand.

Back In Sideways.

Bound Inside Soup.

That's all. Carry on.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Chilling

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

Without asking the most pertinent questions which is… what’s wrong with racial equiality? I will say this… none… absolutely none of this big time Wall Street hedge funds care one bit about racial equality. They might do some things here and there to save face but trust me, if these companies/corporations truly cared about racially equality then racial inequality wouldn’t exist.

So please do not worry, nothing is going to change, nothing will ever change. Many of us that were born with the different pigmentation have come to realize this a long time ago and so should you.

Interesting comment in that you as a person of different pigmentation focused on the racial equality issue. I dont have a problem with racial equality. I do however have a problem with basic economic issues surrounding this inititative. And issues with being governed by unelected bureaucrats.

top topics

join