It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad reacts about how I would have

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

"She’s just learning how to talk, she’s one and a half years old," Lehman told Fox, adding later: "Right now, there’s a bunch of beetles everywhere… so when she’s saying ‘bug,’ I’m thinking ‘ah, cool, you caught one of those little bugs.’"

According to Lehman, she then picked up the coffee can and showed him what was inside — though it wasn’t exactly a tiny insect.

"When she showed it to me, I was just like… that’s not a bug," Lehman said. "That’s a tarantula. And it looks so much bigger next to a baby hand."

So a little girl is playing with a new bug friend she found. harmless. As long as she doesn't tell anyone about it. Let dad know what's under the coffee can, and the screaming like a school girl will begin. Now don't get me wrong, had that been me, same screams, likely longer, perhaps more shrill. So nothing about the Dad, he did was dad's do.

So it's a funny enough story since nobody got hurt and reminded me of my son's little friend. He was about 1 year old, and could talk some. He was playing quietly in his room (which seemed a little odd, but nice) My wife checked on him, he said he was playing with monkey poop. She thought that was what he must have named one of this toys. A little bit later, I happened by and wondered what had his attention. So I walked up behind him and asked what he was playing with. He again said "Monkey poop". I asked to see it. he then showed me the mouse trap with a dead mouse in it. Needless to say, we now know what monkey poop is.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Lost me at "Monkey Poop"

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Where I live we have these tarantula'esque "Huntsmans Spiders".

You know what, first of all any creepy crawlie that has more than 6 legs is not a "bug".

Arachnids as they grow they molt their shell. And these spiders it tends to be like perfectly intact their shell when you find it. And they're big.

I'm not even an arachnophobe, but these beasties they're just plain menacing.

So this one time I found one of their big shells, I set it inside the pantry cabinet right at eyes level so every time I opened the door whammo there it was. Man I need to find another one.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
He overreacted a tad.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I disagree. Other than not screaming enough, he did good.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

You could have called for assistance from Jan and Jace!

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

lol the shock rippling through his body at the moment he screams "AH!".

We have reclusive spiders here, very aggressive. Will come right at you if you meet one at night in the floor and turn the lights on. The circumference is about a 1/8 gallon, wide mouth wine glass. Complete furious you can look at it wanting to get into your face, with the front fangs and legs up.

These are the only spiders here I really freak out about. Tarantulas, I had walking on my belly and arms, no big deal. I catch non weaving spiders and let them free outside. I will tolerate one spider per room.
edit on 23.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Amateur

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

originally posted by: network dude

You could have called for assistance from Jan and Jace!

Let Blip go after him. He ate him, then licked his but. win, win.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Haha, this reminded me about the time when i was a little kid, i captured around 200 spiders in a glass jar, went inside and headed to the living room to show them to my parents, before i could say anything, i lifted the jar up, and accidentally dropped it in the floor, unleashing and avalanche of spiders that took of in different directions like a black wave.

Fun times.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

Haha, this reminded me about the time when i was a little kid, i captured around 200 spiders in a glass jar, went inside and headed to the living room to show them to my parents, before i could say anything, i lifted the jar up, and accidentally dropped it in the floor, unleashing and avalanche of spiders that took of in different directions like a black wave.

Fun times.

I think I would have come unglued. I hope I never have anything close to that happen. /shivers/

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Haha, this reminded me about the time when i was a little kid, i captured around 200 spiders in a glass jar,....

How long did that take? Was that just one afternoon or did it take several days?

I've never even seen 200 spiders at once, and I'm completely ok with it staying that way.

This does remind me of those videos I've seen showing hundreds of thousands of baby spiders sailing in the wind in massive swarms, which is also something I'm perfectly fine with never seeing in real life.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

Haha, this reminded me about the time when i was a little kid, i captured around 200 spiders in a glass jar,....

How long did that take? Was that just one afternoon or did it take several days?

I've never even seen 200 spiders at once, and I'm completely ok with it staying that way.

This does remind me of those videos I've seen showing hundreds of thousands of baby spiders sailing in the wind in massive swarms, which is also something I'm perfectly fine with never seeing in real life.

Took a whole day to capture them, small black, fast running spiders, maybe half an inch in diameter, i had a pet lizard at the time so i was always capturing bugs to feed the lizard.

top topics

join