It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Peak Oil Covid Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Here's an interesting video I came across tonight.
It is a good watch.
He covers the topic of peak oil.
In a sense, we have used up much of the planets oil and are on a downward spiral with the supply of oil.
Almost every product and transportation mode is dependent on oil, as well as the petro dollar.
Tptb are in a panic to limit/change societies usage of pil based transportation and products, as well as a massive collapse of the petro dollar.
He has some good points.
Give it a looksee, if you have the time.
I'll check back in a few to chat.

edit on 9 by Mandroid7 because: Added

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

During my years of lurking I've seen several threads on peak oil here. Haven't watched the video will in a bit. But in a couple of them there was mention that big oil companies are trying to get into the electric vehicle charging business.

Here's a report on Shell,

It sounds like the perfect plot for a conspiracy thriller: the giant oil companies are buying up electric vehicle charging companies as fast as they can. Do they mean to shut ‘em all down, or just to make sure that the price of charging is high enough that driving an EV won’t deliver any savings over driving a fossil-fueled vehicle? (Shell is one of the world’s largest providers of hydrogen, made from natural gas.) Or, could there be a surprise ending? Perhaps the oil execs have the good of mankind at heart—they realize that the Oil Age is ending, and want to be in position to profit from the next energy era.

We’ll have to wait for the next episode to find out about that—what we do know is that three Europe-based oil multinationals (Shell, Total and bp) started getting into the charging game back in 2017, and now own companies at every stage of the charging value chain.

Shell Oil Looks To Become A Leader In Electric Vehicle Charging

So it looks like they are going to make out in Europe, and if they have major interests in charger mfg'ing they'll probably be ahead in the in the rest of the world.
edit on 17-9-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Peak oil is a debunked theory.

In North Dakota for instance, in the 70's they determined that there was about 200 years of untapped oil left in the Bakken.

In 2019 they adjusted that figure to 600 years and had increased production a few thousand percent.

More than enough time for us to figure out a much better way to replace plastics (already done, actually) and find a better way to produce energy and fuel the transportation sector of our economy.

We will get there... most major oil companies are heavily invested in R&D on alternative energy choices.

Ones that do not include an inefficient rare metals based storage method such as a battery.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Israel has large untapped reserves. I think there are at least 2 very big ones. Scripture from thousands of years ago tells where they are located. Dad found that in the Bible over a decade ago and showed me. This would explain why the world armies surround them in the near future. Im pretty sure they now know they are there. One is slightly offshore. The other is inland

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I can promise that we arent tapped out. Peak oil generally refers to refining capacity, not extraction volumes. We have thousands of inactive wells in Texas...they will produce again.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thanks, I appreciate the interesting information.
This guy is basically stating the massive supply is being exaggerated.
Sounds like he may be wrong.
Interesting none the less.

It kind of jives with your petro dollar crash statement you made a while back.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Peak oil generally refers to refining capacity, not extraction volumes

Noted..thanks..so this guy doesn't even have his terms right.
Ok..ignored theory

Just kind of sorting through the info to see what all this global vaccine passport control scam is about.
edit on 9 by Mandroid7 because: Addes

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I wouldn't call it a debunked theory. Oil will eventually run out, unless it naturally replenishes much faster than we think. We will likely start running out of oil within a few hundred years. Still a lot longer than early estimations, but I don't think the oil reserves will last forever.

Still, I don't really think Covid-19 has much to do with oil. I'm starting to think it has a lot to do with global debt, like a way to mask or delay the next economic collapse. It almost seems like they want the economy to crash so they can replace it, but it's being more stubborn than they predicted.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

I wouldn't call it a debunked theory. Oil will eventually run out, unless it naturally replenishes much faster than we think. We will likely start running out of oil within a few hundred years. Still a lot longer than early estimations, but I don't think the oil reserves will last forever.

Still, I don't really think Covid-19 has much to do with oil. I'm starting to think it has a lot to do with global debt, like a way to mask or delay the next economic collapse. It almost seems like they want the economy to crash so they can replace it, but it's being more stubborn than they predicted.

Pretty much this.

Worldwide hyperinflation is a bubble that's just waiting to burst on us. We have been trying to stave it off as best as we can but certain markets are already showing the signs (Housing & Property for one). The amount of USD doubled in the last year alone. Housing crisises are popping up all over the western world and we are looking at what seems to be a lost generation wordlwide where many are having trouble finding their place or any success in the workforce stalling them in their lifepath.

We're seriously looking at a generation that won't have the option to move out of their parent's home, no matter what they do or how hard they try

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:13 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join