It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surgeries being cancelled across Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Throughout this last year we've seen 'public health authorities' across Canada pulling the plug on what they call 'non-critical' or 'non-urgent' surgeries.
To make room for 98% survival rate COVID 19 patients.

This time they've pulled the plug on Alberta, which will have direct effects on some of my friends and family.

How many of these 'elective' surgeries will now develop into urgency?
For example, the man in the following video had his kidney transplant cancelled and will die without surgery.
And there are certainly many, many more with stories like his.

Alberta Health Services has cancelled all non-urgent surgeries in the province because of the surge in COVID-19 cases.

This comes as little surprise following the same in other provinces:

March 2020:
COVID-19 in Sask.: All elective medical surgeries, procedures to be discontinued Coronavirus: B.C. to cancel all non-urgent surgeries to free up beds for possible patients How many people are 'flooding' into BC hospitals'?
It's a scary pandemic so you'd think it's more than 6.25%

April 2021:
All Ontario hospitals ordered to cancel non-urgent surgeries
Now:
30,000 non-urgent surgeries on hold in Manitoba
Albertans devastated over postponed surgeries

Nova Scotia Health starts working through 2,600 cancelled surgeries

The health authority says about 2,600 surgeries were cancelled through the third wave. That's compared to 3,300 in the first.
(REMINDER: Nova Scotia has 1 million population and under 100 TOTAL COVID 19 deaths)
10s of thousands of cancelled surgeries, many which are not now but WILL become matter of life and death
and result in more future pain and loss of life.

N.B. medical society: Cancelled surgeries cause thousands of missed operating hours every year
As data from the province’s two health authorities suggest hundreds of non-urgent surgeries are cancelled every month, the president of the New Brunswick Medical Society wants the government to understand the domino effect they cause the health system

Perhaps there should be a separate setup for COVID patients?
Perhaps this is a deliberate tactic to force the use of quarantine camps?

Either way, it's poor management across the board.
I wonder if there will be lawsuits in the wake of these cancelations?

edit on 10-9-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: Eta fixes

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Then the numbers of dead for lack of surgeries will be attributed to covid.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I've had something going on with my stomach for a while. Seems to be improving, but I was at one point thinking about seeing a doctor; however, I was really concerned that they'd demand that I be jabbed with the death serum in order to get treatment, and might even be forcefully injected against my will. I really could see that as a scenario. So, I didn't go to the hospital.

My wife keeps asking me if they've cancelled our medical coverage due to our non-injection status. They have not asked yet, but I expect to be queried at some point.

This is NOT about our health and well-being. Never has been. I've said this since March of last year.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
My grandpa has been waiting to have surgery for months (in Australia). He has a rare form of cancer which has caused some growths which need to be cut out, but it's considered elective. He also recently had the vaccine despite his doctor cautioning against it, which messed up all his blood levels, and forced them to increase his toxic cancer regiment. And then they wonder why people are losing faith in the health system. The people behind it are the absolute scum of the Earth.
edit on 10/9/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Heaven help Canadians if there is a war, or a significant natural disaster.

top topics

join