It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have any of you USA Veterans used this site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I didn't know this site existed. So I wondered if any Veterans here used this site and got somewhere with it.

www.archives.gov...

If so, how was the outcome of it for you?

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I have not used nor seen that site, but it looks pretty good, well put together I suppose. I think most vets are using a site called ebenefits.gov. It serves the same function as the one you listed, but that one might be a bit newer, so maybe vets will start heading over there, I don't know....

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

I have not used nor seen that site, but it looks pretty good, well put together I suppose. I think most vets are using a site called ebenefits.gov. It serves the same function as the one you listed, but that one might be a bit newer, so maybe vets will start heading over there, I don't know....

I just returned from Okinawa to actually try to find out a Veteran Disability and how to apply from it overseas. Not sure if it is Agent Orange crap or some other military medical history , but I thought now I'd better check into it.

I was lucky to run into a Navy Medic and he gave what I was looking for. Hopefully if I'm lucky I'll shoot for 10% disability. I'll be happy with, not that my medical situation will change at all, which it hasn't all these years, but hey...

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I’m honestly not sure, may have used it for a quick grab of something but I usually use ebenefits. It’s basically the same even looks similar. It has everything synced though with GIBill, TA, School CoE and VA loan CoE.

IDme is good for discounts and promotions for veterans too.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I tried getting my father's records from there maybe 10 years or so ago. But I didn't have his SSN.

So they couldn't help me.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

I’m honestly not sure, may have used it for a quick grab of something but I usually use ebenefits. It’s basically the same even looks similar. It has everything synced though with GIBill, TA, School CoE and VA loan CoE.

IDme is good for discounts and promotions for veterans too.

Thanks. I once got a discount at Payless Shoes showing my medical card. I think it was 10% discount, something I didn't know about. It was at Christmas time too.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Im not a vet....but know that eBenefits is probably what you are looking for. You register an account using your Social Security Number (or other options).

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

I just returned from Okinawa to actually try to find out a Veteran Disability and how to apply from it overseas. Not sure if it is Agent Orange crap or some other military medical history , but I thought now I'd better check into it.

I was lucky to run into a Navy Medic and he gave what I was looking for. Hopefully if I'm lucky I'll shoot for 10% disability. I'll be happy with, not that my medical situation will change at all, which it hasn't all these years, but hey...

Well, don't shoot for 10%. Don't shoot for anything. Simply make the best case that you can and you're going to get what you're going to get. This is what I tell all veterans as they go through this process, the most important thing of all. Whatever you're filing for, make a clear connection between that thing and its direct cause to your time in service. Make that link as clear as a bell. A few other things. File each claim separately (don't lump them all into one claim). Always remember that it's an overworked human being on the other side of your claim. This person is reading your Statement in Support of Claim....charm them. They're bored and often get yelled at. Be smart.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Why. I have all my records. I don't need it. Maybe for someone from Vietnam or WWII but most of us Veterans kept our records. I have it copies of everything. I do not need it.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Well, don't shoot for 10%. Don't shoot for anything. Simply make the best case that you can and you're going to get what you're going to get. This is what I tell all veterans as they go through this process, the most important thing of all. Whatever you're filing for, make a clear connection between that thing and its direct cause to your time in service. Make that link as clear as a bell. A few other things. File each claim separately (don't lump them all into one claim). Always remember that it's an overworked human being on the other side of your claim. This person is reading your Statement in Support of Claim....charm them. They're bored and often get yelled at. Be smart.

Thank you very much.
Do you know anything about this: [email protected] ?

The Navy Medic gave that as a start. Of course, I knew nothing about eBenefits for Vets. I was going to Iwakuni, but I'm not a retired Vet, so I thought my best bet would be Okinawa and I wanted to do some cycling there also.

Again, thank you very much.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Why. I have all my records. I don't need it. Maybe for someone from Vietnam or WWII but most of us Veterans kept our records. I have it copies of everything. I do not need it.

I'm a Vietnam Veteran. So I have no medical records.

I also still have the old blue medical card they issued back in the 70's when you went to the VA hospital. I guess times have changed.
edit on 0900000033492021-09-09T20:49:33-05:00493309pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   
i used them once to get my ribbons and medals. wasnt fast, nor slow, about average time frame.

best part was it was free.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Thank you. I have not seen it before.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I used it to request my medical records 11JUL2019.

I haven't received anything as of 09SEP2021 @21:42

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I didn't know this site existed. So I wondered if any Veterans here used this site and got somewhere with it.

www.archives.gov...

If so, how was the outcome of it for you?

If you served while the ebenefits existed, you should already be enrolled.

top topics

join