It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Supreme Court strikes down city's school mask mandate

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   

In the latest of several such legal cases across a nation where cultural and political clashes have erupted over the COVID-19 response, the court ruled 5-0 to issue a declaratory judgment for South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson, who brought the case against the city of Columbia.

Wilson, a Republican, argued a state law that allows parents to decide whether their children wear masks in school trumps the city's mask mandate ordinance for private and public elementary and middle school students and staff.

These are the kinds of decisions we need to see from our courts across the country. The justices in this case went by state constitutional law instead of their feelz, recognizing the fact they are there to interpret and apply the law, not legislate from the bench. Unfortunately, other states have not fared so well, but hopefully this case will set a precedent for others to follow.

The response from the democrats was "...This is a sad day for children in South Carolina."
Not from my perspective pal. This is a victory for those kids. They no longer have to be muzzled and de-humanized by the likes of you.
Link
edit on 9/3/2021 by Klassified because: words

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Seems like the supreme court is waking up to a lot of demoncratic things lately. First they reinstate Trump's immigration laws and now this.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think the Supreme Court is afraid of the Democratic Party....leaning so far to the left. If they are allowed to change the structure to more than 9....we be screwed as a nation.
edit on Septemberam30b202121527 by Fatboy527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fatboy527
I think the Supreme Court is afraid of the Democratic Party.

Or the Demon-crats have blackmail material that can be used against some of them that make up the majority of the party “D” vote. Everything under the sun needs to be overhauled... including the SCOTUS.

On a side note.....Bravo for the children of South Carolina! This is a victory! I know my granddaughter hates wearing a mask to school.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Not from my perspective pal. This is a victory for those kids. They no longer have to be muzzled and de-humanized by the likes of you.

As you have acknowledged in your OP, this is a victory for the rule of the law and that it cannot be side stepped. This is how this subject should be viewed and not necessarily as a decision against the merits of wearing masks to protect the population.

A parent's right to decide what's best for their child is now definitively protected by state law," he said, while encouraging residents to get vaccinated.

I agree with and fully believe in the rule of law.

The schoolboards could also do what others have done, which is to make masks part of the school dress code.
edit on 3-9-2021 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Very glad to see that SC Supreme Court is following the law!! Good for the people of SC to exercise their rights, and KUDOS to the Attorney General there!

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I like what I'm seeing with how schools are being schooled on their decisions of late.

This one in particular - not covid related, but the indoctrination.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Seems like the supreme court is waking up to a lot of demoncratic things lately. First they reinstate Trump's immigration laws and now this.

Media outlets are saddened over how Justice Robert's "leadership" is being marginalized within the SCOTUS.

www.foxnews.com...

Democrats will soon begin their "Pack the damn court!" dribble once again.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

a reply to: Fatboy527

a reply to: carewemust

The OP states that this is the SC Supreme Court, not the Supreme Court of the US.

That being said they did make the right call on this one I feel. As a resident of the state masking is about 30/70 and I know our vaccination numbers are relatively low. This is what some would term the deep south, so you're going to get resistance across all fronts for any sort of government mandated anything.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The masks need to go! This is great news for those children.
I hope there's still some old school common sense left.

I walked into Harbor Freight with no mask the other day and some gentleman with a mask tracked me down in sort of unusual fassion. For a moment I thought I was going to be confronted for not wearing a mask but he could tell I was ready for him and alarmed by his presence.

I'll walk out in a split second and order it online or get it somewhere else.
I had been in there many times before and no store personnel sought me out like he did.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Ah yes i think i may have read that a bit to fast ty m8

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Skeppy

The masks need to go!

What? Think of all the maskmakers, whose jobs you're taking away! It's a zillion dollar industry now. It can't just go away.

This is the MOST compelling reason to wear the masks, and this is the BIGGEST effect using or not using a mask has. Healthwise, it can only damage you, and thus has no protective effect for you, but you can save people's jobs by using them.

edit on 24-9-2021 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Skeppy

I had been in there many times before and no store personnel sought me out like he did.

Your story seems to be missing an important core component; WHAT actually happened? Did he talk to you? Did you two debate? Did he tell to get out? Did he tell you you need to wear a mask? What? Don't leave us hanging like this!

Also, anyone doing something like that is NOT a 'gentle man' [sic].

top topics

join