It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Beneath - movie.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You know how the youngsters are, boy meets girl, and she gets eaten by a shark.

Nothing ventured, but I'm sure the shark gained 5 kilos.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: keukendeur
a reply to: halfoldman
Lots of questions here...

Also, a ridiculous amount of commercials stuffed in there as well.

The worst I've ever seen to be totally honest.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
As for the movie in my OP.

You've actually got to watch it twice, at least.

Not with all those ads!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ByteChanger

You should read the reviews on IMDB, apparently the bigger part of the budget went into making the film poster.

But...to each their own.

Halfold got a lot out of it and seems to really like it so I guess everybody should make up their own mind.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
"Hey Beavis, let's pretend it you died I came back as a corpse".

"What, are you gonna turn into a werewolf and cool #"?

"Naah, I'm just gonna come over and drink some tea and #, until I fall apart".

"Cool. Like that Loyd-Webber dude, he's been decomposing since Cats".
edit on 30-8-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

(post by cryptofuture93 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
OK, a bit more serious discussion (from me, anyway) about the movie From the Depths (2020).
Apologies about the title mix-up, but one sometimes struggles to find the real titles of movies posted on YouTube.

I actually thought it was perhaps a low-budget, but relatively good movie.
Although, yeah there is a campy quality about it, and some honorific reference to the decomposing corpse visitation of An American Werewolf in London (the original postmodern horror-comedy), or the very racialized, homophobic fears of the comatose white protagonist in Sublime (2007).

I see it only got one star from IMBd: www.imdb.com...
One of the six main characters/actors in the film on this site is Flea Collum as Brody (the doggie).
A reminder that Brody, and his absences and presences are quite a hint in the narrative.

Both the protagonist Liz and her lover Roberta are well acted, with the somewhat stony expressions of the latter a clear hint that she is some kind of spiritual guide, only mirroring the appearance of the doctor.
Clearly a very patient and loving being, considering the two "corpses" have almost convinced Liz to knife her to death, and at some point the audience is led to believe that Roberta must be up to something (I mean being queer and black, which I think is deliberately supposed to play with audience prejudices). It could also be Liz's prejudices (why for one moment would she believe her lying and cheating sister and boyfriend over Roberta)? Significantly, eventually she doesn't believe them, but the fact that she considered it ... well you can see which "great white" tummy consumes her - is that hell or a release? Almost like a post-Jaws Hieronymus Bosch imagery of hell (or purgatory) as being eaten.
Whatever the case here, I think the suggestion is that Liz is not "heavenly" material as yet.

The camp elements include the make-up, the dodgy shark(s), or the fact that three people were massacred in one shark attack (and there's no references to World War Two where under extreme circumstances that historically occurred).

I think the love story element between Liz and Roberta is really touching and romantic at times, and I hope given time, this will be more of a cult-classic than currently assumed.
edit on 2-9-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Although what was gripping to me was also when the corpses arrive with their smear campaign against Roberta.
That is so reflective of how narcissistic smear campaigns operate in society, and how easily people can be swayed by insinuation (no real explanation or proof) and misplaced trust in completely untrustworthy people, and to what extent the latter may be believed and followed.

Of course that's a situational affinity for a part of the plot, since ultimately Liz's reality here is temporary and illusionary.
Perhaps a perfect metaphor for "reality".
edit on 2-9-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join