It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accidental number slip? 4100 Americans left in Afghanistan....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Did you screen clip the part right above what you posted?

I watched he briefing live, and what Blinken said was there were something like 4,000 Americans there yesterday and in the past 24 hours they had gotten 3,500 of those out, leaving somewhere between 500 and 1,000 remaining. It was immediately after this when he said he believed the numbers were "lower, likely significantly lower".

So, the numbers are all over the place.

I guess we'll find out on Tuesday just how many Americans are left there because I'd spend my last few minutes of battery time calling family and FOX news...right after I called my employer and told them I'd meet up with them in hell!!

Then I'd take out as many of the taliban bastages as I could with the first (14) rounds of the last magazine in my M9, saving the 15th and final round for, well...sadly...the inevitable.

edit on 8/25/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If you click on the link in the OP, it should take you to the un-revised portion still. Just don't click on the "# updates" tag and you can read the original.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I’d be surprised if it was only 4100.

4100 in 2 weeks is more than doable and with time to spare....
That is unless they are scatted about the country.
Then perhaps it may be a challenge.

I was thinking it had to be at least another 20,000

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

It may be 4100 in Kabul.

But Afghanistan is more than Kabul. We had dozens of FOB's and FOL's all over the country.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
On the 18th, Biden said there were between 10-15K Americans in Afghanistan. He said it in his interview with Stephanopolus. Today, Blinken said when operations began there were 6k Americans in Afghanistan. So how, when the evacuation operation began before Biden gave his interview, did the number change from 10-15K down to 6k?

Source for 10-15K

Biden confirmed with a nod to Stephanopoulos that between 10,000 and 15,000 Americans remain in Afghanistan following the Taliban reconquest of Kabul over the weekend.

And Blinken today said:

Secretary of State Antony Blinken said there are about 1,500 people who may be Americans left in the country and added that when evacuation operations began, there was a population of as many as 6,000 American citizens in Afghanistan who wanted to leave.

The numbers add up if you take the 4100 number that was tossed out and use that as the number they may have to leave there, not the number left to rescue.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
And now they are telling any Americans outside the Kabul airport gates not to come due to threats.

This is going to get MUCH worse. There is no possible way they will be able to get any number of people out. If there is an immediate threat, then that threat is not going to go away in the next few days without military action.

"Because of security threats outside the gates of Kabul airport, we are advising U.S. citizens to avoid traveling to the airport and to avoid airport gates at this time unless you receive individual instructions from a U.S. government representative to do so," the statement from the embassy reads.

Source

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Whoever said they may not be counting Americans outside Kabul nailed it.

Americans outside Kabul not being rescued.

This quote was lifted from Epoch Times:

U.S. troops have not rescued any Americans in Afghanistan outside of Kabul, though they have the capability to do so, the Pentagon said Wednesday.

Only three rescue missions have been conducted by American soldiers since the Taliban took over the country, according to military officials. But all three took place within Kabul, Pentagon spokesman John Kirby told reporters in Washington.
Asked if the United States could help an American couple who is reportedly in Mazar-e-Sharife, he answered bluntly, “No.”

So they're dancing around Americans outside Kabul for a reason. They aren't getting anyone outside the city out.

For one thing, there's a whole class of CA students stranded in Afghanistan.
edit on 25-8-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That would be absolute disaster for this entire administration.

It wouldn't just fall on Biden. It would literally wipe his entire administration out if thousands of Americans were left behind....I mean wipe the entire administration from the top down.

Kinda makes draining the swamp come to mind...

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Last I heard there was ~86,000 still there and much of the biometric data had been captured by the Taliban. So, they have images/pics, skill sets, resumes, fingerprints, blood types, tattoos, etc.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Looking like we are going to have to leave early and leave a lot of folks there now.

2 suicide bombers and multiple injured/dead.

Disaster.

Likely more attacks to happen.

Evacuation planes are also taking fire...

Complete screw up.
edit on 8/26/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Reported 10 US service members dead in explosions in Kabul. This is getting worse and worse......Biden needs to do something NOW!

We are going to see many Americans killed because of this cluster-F....

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"4100" could be the number of hostages they haven't told us about yet 😧

I've heard rumors that the Taliban have already rounded up a sizable number of Americans, and others have been killed.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Looking like we are going to have to leave early and leave a lot of folks there now.

2 suicide bombers and multiple injured/dead.

Disaster.

Likely more attacks to happen.

Evacuation planes are also taking fire...

Complete screw up.

I just read something that said US troops have shut down the airport. I hope that doesn't mean the evacuations are ending now 5 days early.

Anyway you slice it this is going to be much worse than the Fall of Saigon. The Biden Admin is clearly pulling numbers out of its @ss, and trying to avoid admitting that lots of people (both Americans and Afghani allies of ours) are going to be left stranded.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

They can't possibly get anyone else out under these conditions. Certainly not thousands. The flights are taking fire from the ground, suicide bombers are all around the gates and chaos is making it easier for attacks to happen.

This is madness....

I wonder if anyone asks if this was planned for when Biden finally does speak...they said everything was planned for. They are putting their trust in a terrorist group to allow people into the airport? WTF???

It is going to turn into a much larger conflict. Biden can't bomb the place now, or he will kill Americans and innocents all over the place.

Where the hell is the POTUS?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join