It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier Boy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Mind blowing!
If you haven't already seen this movie, I highly recommend it.

Taken from the description..."This feature film is based on the true story of a six-year-old boy, Russia's youngest hero of World War II. Seryozha Aleshkov lost his family, was rescued by an army regiment, and engaged in battles. The little soldier was awarded the Military Merit Medal. Tragedy and love, danger and hope, the bitterness of separation and the joy of belonging, are all intertwined in this wartime drama."

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Mind blowing!
If you haven't already seen this movie, I highly recommend it.

Taken from the description..."This feature film is based on the true story of a six-year-old boy, Russia's youngest hero of World War II. Seryozha Aleshkov lost his family, was rescued by an army regiment, and engaged in battles. The little soldier was awarded the Military Merit Medal. Tragedy and love, danger and hope, the bitterness of separation and the joy of belonging, are all intertwined in this wartime drama."

I'm fairly sure the same 'child soldier' thing is still going on in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Children recruited by armed forces

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I am aware that there are children being used in militaries and it is heart breaking. This story in the movie is quite different though.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: chr0naut

I am aware that there are children being used in militaries and it is heart breaking. This story in the movie is quite different though.

Cool NS. I'll watch it.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That was beautiful!

I was just going to watch ten minutes and then watch the rest later but I was gripped and ended up watching the whole thing.

Thank you for posting.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Hope you enjoy it Bally.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I usually don't like movies where I have to read while watching to understand what's going on, but it was well worth it. I was drawn in myself.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I watched it on my tablet so I didn't need to squint so much.

The film had great pace and was easy to follow. Subtitles can be a strain but they were easy to follow on a small screen, for me at least.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I have a good sized screen on my laptop. It was easy to follow the subtitles and watch the movie. Usually I hate having to do that. LOL

new topics

top topics

join