It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most important issue that must be solved in space exploration area

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
This is a good point either. We need rather advanced tech to send a crewed mission to Mars. Despite those things that Musk claims that Starship crewed mission to Mars will be launched in 2026 or 2028 I assume scientists have to figure out and invent a lot of stuff just to prevent the crew from death. Talking about a spacecraft that can travel at the speed of light, it`s just assumptions and I would call it just dreams because we are staying too far from it.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: dragonridr

600000mph is like 0.09% of light speed if my math is correct.

Call it 0.1% if you wish dragonridr but thats not 80/90% now is it.

And you are suggesting we could do this now with the current technology we have at our disposal.

Its a pipe dream mate, not that those engines are not a wonder to behold, but for going to Mars or possibly a Moon of Jupiter.

Next star(Proxima Centauri) is 4.2 light years away, and you simply are not going there at 600000mph anytime soon.

That's just version 3 of the hall thruster it will improve. Then there is always star shot they plan on using a laser to get to Alpha Centauri. Granted the trip still takes 20 years but we could get there. The problem is the will to do so I don't see anyone willing to live on a star ship for their entire life unless the earth was being destroyed and these were lifeboats. Maybe id we start to live longer where 30 years is a small portion of our life who knows.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: james00
a reply to: andy06shake
This is a good point either. We need rather advanced tech to send a crewed mission to Mars. Despite those things that Musk claims that Starship crewed mission to Mars will be launched in 2026 or 2028 I assume scientists have to figure out and invent a lot of stuff just to prevent the crew from death. Talking about a spacecraft that can travel at the speed of light, it`s just assumptions and I would call it just dreams because we are staying too far from it.

Elon thinks big and his people try to work out the details. his ultimate goal is to terra form mars which currently his idea is to nuke it. Poor martians might become radioactive if he gets his way

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Yeh i already raised the laser and solar sail type of propulsion.

"Star Shot" utilises microprobes by the way cant see how we could get people on one of those, cant slow them down nether.

If you think about it dragonridr, our Earth is a star ship where we lead our entire lifes.

I think you would find plenty of people willing to go but whither or not there minds and bodies would be up to the task is a whole norther matter.

As to version 3 of this "Hall thruster", its nice but not up to interstellar flight, so we are not going anywhere in 2 years with it other than in system im afraid.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: james00

If they launch to Mars 2026 or 2028 ile be rather surprised.

Im thinking more like 2038, and not before we have a functional semi permanent base on our Moon.

Tend to agree on the spacecraft that can travel at light speed part, for the time being anyroad.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

He might not be the first to nuke the place.

Mars is already highly radioactive compared to Earth by comparison just down to atmospheric composition and exposure to solar winds because it does not have an active magnetic core apparently.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: james00
What are the most important issues we have now in the space exploration area? As we can see now space explorations are developing very rapidly and doing this, it causes a lot of issues to solve. Humans have a lot of stuff to figure out to get closer to a particular purpose and which one do you consider is the most important and must be solved the first?

Go faster, I guess.

Other than that, I suppose people need to get over the idea that humans can colonize the other celestial objects in our solar system in any significant numbers. Also, forget about human interstellar travel. Concentrate on robotics and AI rather than using people. If we don't worry so much about human passengers, the "go faster" part actually becomes a lot easier.
edit on 6-8-2021 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It seems that whether we are talking about thousands of years BC as in the Enuma Elish (sp?)
or the Torah, or if we are discussing the abduction phenomenon of the 20th and 21st centuries, the so-called aliens seem to always create a less-than glowing first impression for themselves. Either because of actions which are deemed nefarious, behavior which is vengeful, overdramatic, and which sews discord through their very own kind, or because of a disconnected or dissociative-like presence, they have held over time some sort of a connection which is demonic, robotic, or somewhere in between those two perhaps suggesting a being which is either far too advanced to look at us any different than we see fungus or bacteria or of a nature which doesnt allow for or benefit evolutionarily from the experience of feelings superseding the low dimensional experience of the five senses. Either an entire species we would define as psychopathic or even evolved past the point of cardiopathic entities serving any purpose or self induced psychopathy for the sake of their survival who knows nut achieved either by voluntary cyborgism or with synthetic silicone based avatars suspended somewhere between soulless and remotely operated. Almost all abductees report a sense of feeling less emotionless robotic movements and behavior and that is what scares me so much about transhumanism...that and the fact I take the Bibles word for it and believe they are actual higher dimensional beings who sinned against the very fabric of their universe and thus fell down to a lower dimension where they are somehow quarantined or exiled, never again allowed access to the dimension called heaven which is one without death or a combative force of evil able to gain any real influence in that place. A cosmic paradise and Tahiti of the multiverse where the highest being of the universe calls home. But maybe the demonic fallen angel stories began because of their cold emotion free ways to people who simply couldn't even imagine the idea of a remotely operated avatar or semi organic machine, even though we ourselves are machines with a computer processor running on electricity, just as a computer does just with a carbon case and fibrous organic wiring instead of copper wires in an aluminum shell. This becomes even more terrifying when you look at enoch and learn that technology is a thing of the divine and not meant for this place and look at the current goals to merge tech and human being and the thousands of abductees who say they were told or "told" (psychically conveyed the message) that the aliens in reality are simply we. They are we and we they, but after we decided to make some sort of transition which caused a runaway genetic alteration which has created a future they have traveled back from which it is agony to exist in and they need constant genetic material from the era between 10000bc and 2021 or so to perform constant experimentation on turning back the clock which has made us become an abomination and monstrosity and the fact AI or transhumanism hybridization might be the reason for it. Or moving to a planet we deemed conducive to human life which maybe had a serious effect we never suspected....and those things are what our great great grandchildren become.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Uhhhhhh...HUH??? I think I hurt myself trying to read that!

I got to about line 37 and all of a sudden I was reading line 63 for the 2nd time, then 112. Now my left eye is just twitching, and my right eye is rolled back in the socket. Wow!

Paragraphs are your friend.

edit on 8/6/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

See this is me also AlexandrosTheGreat, I'm Dyslectic, long sentences can be rather discombobulating.

And that word salad is bloody frightening without paragraphs my Man.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Getting back to the space junk issue I wanna add a few words. 1. Space junk, which is the issue for the Earth ecology as well as the space exploration and observation. It tells us some promising steps of high-level collaboration. 2. Effectiveness for Mars and the Moon exploration and at least exploration stations there for a short term human presence. 3. Asteroids collision monitoring and prevention. Detection has a lot of potential to move forward. In this case 1, 2 and 4 also count. 4.Effectiveness of near-earth orbit exploitation (e. g. surveillance, internet provision to far places), inter-satellite coordination (e. g., Machine Learning implementation.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join