It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrance Mckenna on the UFO phenomena

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Direne

point one - do you think telepathic adaptions will enhance human empathy? Then there is hope?

point two - so you dismiss any kind of a larger consciousness system because there is only a mathematical truth and a physical truth (Euclidean and Newtonian)? I am pretty sure there is a metaphysical “truth” that exists everywhere in space time and it is connected. That would mean consciousness is reality and certainly not overrated.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: play4keeps

No, I do not dismiss the potential of enteogenics. At all. What I am dismissing is the fact that they allow you to see beings from other realms as we have not proof of those realms existing, therefore assuming those realms of which we have no direct evidence are inhabited by life forms is, simply, abusing reality too much.

But suppose those realms exist. And suppose there is an intelligent species inhabiting those realms. And suppose they can cross from their realms to yours. What makes you think those realms have no planets with swamps, just as yours? And what makes you think what you see from other realms are not aliens but, say, interdimensional swamp gas ? Worse, what makes you think those UFOs are not just interdimensional high altitude balloons?

Proof that a distant planet is inhabited is still a weak proof. Proof that a distant planet is inhabited by intelligent beings is still a weak proof of Earth visitation. We have a solid evidence of this: Earth itself. Earth is inhabited, but the guys in Alpha Mensae are still waiting for earthlings to visit them.

I think enteogenics allow the brain to work in an altered state, allowing to perceive aspects of reality you normally don't perceive. Data your brain collects under the effects of psychodrugs is still valid data about reality. However, the interpretation of that data into useful information is not. Otherwise Nature would have created '___'-powered predators, and a lysergic brain would mean an evolutionary advantage. Nothing of that do we find in Nature. This, believe me, is good news for preys.

Enteogens do have a strong potential to treat certain mental disorders, and they are extremely useful to probe the internals of the brain. However, stating that they allow you to see interdimensional beings is, in my opinion, new agey folklore.

On consciousness, my position is that it is just like hidden dimensions: something theorized, but not proven. You know what self awareness is, you know how dreams are created, you know about feelings , but you cannot even define what consciousness is, and forget about even trying to know whether your pets have or do not have consciousness. Ingesting some Amanita mushrooms won't take you closer to your self. They were not meant for that. Yet, it will make of you a better person if you use them wisely...

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Drugs are bad for you.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Chazam

Give me liberty (caps)
Or give me death (caps)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join