It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raising the Phoenix from the... neighbor's carport.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
(The back story)
Many years ago upon first discovering this very site I`ve enjoyed contemplating the various topics brought up here on long walks around my local area. I am also plagued by the exact same withering disease that the Count of Las Vegas suffers from, both hard core car guys. Its by instinct people like us look for cars in all sorts of places. While I was taking my walks I took notice of a red Pontiac Firebird that sat under a carport never moving, years went by and it never moved from its spot... I had to know why. I finally caught the owner out in his yard and asked him about it, and he seemed relieved somebody showed some interest. A deal was made, a flatbed rented and a rare beautiful red 1990/91 split year Firebird now gets disassembled in the driveway. It was a VATS Passkey/Passlock IIRC issue coupled with a leaking rubber fuel line the entire time! New weatherstripping and fluid and filters changed and she should fire up, Ive already dropped the fuel tank and everything. No bolt goes unturned in this project! I have the factory bible sized manuals and F-Body.com for resources however upon bring this car home it started a War I and most other forums were ill prepared for...
The Bird as she sat,

(The Fight is on!)
This poor car is infested? no colonized! with the largest most pissed off brown recluse spiders Ive come across to date, and I work in crawl spaces and basements often. I`ve rotated glue traps out weekly with their dead, keep the carpet and the ground underneath dusted with diatomaceous earth, jack stands it sits on got the Ortho pesticide and Ive tried dryer sheets and gas station incense to drive them out. Yet after a few days of it being under a car cover I`ll open the door and one of these bastards are sizing me up.(WARNING Arachnophobes!) Thats a medium sized one about as big as a childs palm when the legs are stretched out, I`ve seen a bigger one about the size of a mouse but it got away into the dash.

I cannot burn the car down or nuke it from orbit just to be sure, the wonderful advice from F-body.com so I`m open to other suggestions.
edit on 22-7-2021 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

I wish I had something helpful to say, but I do not.
I just felt like saying it was an interesting read.
I am curious though, where are you at... what Country or State?

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I knew better than to click on your second link, but like an idiot, I did it anyway.
I'm afraid I would nuke the car.

But seriously, how great for you for your car find.
I wonder if the fellow knew about them?

You can buy spider bombs at the store.
I would buy 10 if I was you.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Yep...Bug bomb the thing. Cover it with a parachute type car cover and bug bomb thing back to the 1990's!

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I knew better than to click on your second link, but like an idiot, I did it anyway.

Put a tarp over it and spider bomb sessions multiple times, no doubt some get missed as well as how much and how often do they reproduce. Likely the eggs being resilient to pesticides, lead to reinfestations.

Supposedly used car dealers use a chlorine bomb...to get rid of spiders, bugs and odors
edit on 22-7-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I won’t even click on the pics.

I wouldn’t feel safe driving the car at any time with those freaking things in there now.

Just torch it.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I wish I had something helpful to say, but I do not.
I just felt like saying it was an interesting read.
I am curious though, where are you at... what Country or State?

Good luck.

I`m in Nashville, car has been too.

I wanted to generate a bit of non-political stuff ATS stuff as well. I like how folks seem to come together in the threads where people are building or fixing stuff.

I`m hoping to catch that big one I saw, I`m sort of fascinated by the apex predators that grow beyond their regular size. You`d really hate this, I sat in the car with the doors closed the entire time it was being moved to the flat bed. I knew it had a few webs in it then but no idea what was lurking in the dash and under the seats.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

First thing I thought is what others have said: a bug bomb. Tent her with a tarp and set the sucker off. If that doesn't do it, then a small nuke is the only option left to you, buddy.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I edited some warnings in, I`ll only upload the one spider pic.
For now

Ive removed the seats and center console and there is no spider traces there at all. I found one old skin molt under the dash pad from a small one but no evidence as to where the big ones have their nest at. Pulling the door panels next, then theres a section in the trunk that holds the spare tire and a locked glovebox on the other side. Both promising spider holes.

Might try the tarp and bomb approach, but reading into that it seems like I`ll be disassembling the car first before it`s effective.

I cant nuke it, its arguably the first one sold with that front end fascia that only existed for 2 years, its getting SLEP`d like an F-15C and put back on the road.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm sorry, you are probably a great person, but.....
WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU????? LOL You want to catch the big one?
I would too. With a baseball bat.

You're right, I will not sleep tonight, thinking about being in a small area, with monsters spiders locked in there with me.

I do hope you get it cleaned out though.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?????

Sorry lady that line stretches around the block. If I knew an ancient Navajo word for that sentence I`d adopt it as a nickname.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Just hire some day workers to disassemble the car. When they get bit and run off you won't even have to pay them.

Repeat as needed.

edit on 22-7-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So, recluse spiders like fancy sportcars. Cool, we have something in common. You wouldn't think something called recluse would like a sporty car like that....I would think they would like something like a cadilac or Lincoln.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

IDK after a few get dragged off into the A/C vents by whatever vampire xenomorphs are hiding in there word tends to get around quick.

A sinister trap has been planned though, I`m moving the car to an inflatable paint booth, the floor of the booth is covered in diatomaceous earth that kills by desiccation/abrasion and not toxicity, and Ive mixed up some Halloween fogger juice with peppermint oil. I`m going to drive them out of the car straight into the DE and mop up the survivors with hand to hand combat.

Do we need to start a GoBeerMe account for NetworkDude? I`ll share.

a reply to: rickymouse

I`m open to the diplomatic approach as well, learn their language, mate with their women then one day our difference will be all forgotten. I dont have a willing ambassador though.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Ozone generator. Will kill most bacteria too, fresh ocean smell afterwards.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
BROKEN ARROW... BROKEN ARROW...
NUKE IT NOW THEYRE EVERYWHERE

edit on 23-7-2021 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Da faq?

And oddly enough there was just an article on my news feed about, "Deadly spider is now in two more states...is one of them yours?".

top topics

join