It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't kill those Dandelions, they may save your life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Here is a little tidbit story. My mother told me that back in the great depression when people really didn't have any food to eat, and actually risk starving, her and my aunt picked dandelions to eat and supplement the little food they had for months on end. I always thought, wow you had to eat weeds...lol

Most people have no idea how good we have it. A woman friend of mine told me when she was a girl and used the outhouse she used a white ear of corn for her front and red corn for her rear.

Most have no clue to how uncomfortable life can be. Let the electricity go out for couple hours....or let internet or cable/satellite service be disrupted....

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM

Most people have no idea how good we have it. A woman friend of mine told me when she was a girl and used the outhouse she used a white ear of corn for her front and red corn for her rear.

Most have no clue to how uncomfortable life can be. Let the electricity go out for couple hours....or let internet or cable/satellite service be disrupted....

That is why when people suggest civil war I ask why? I read a long time ago that regime change typically doesn't happen until the average daily calorie intake of the population drops below 800, so we have a long time to go until we get there.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: fastfred

I've always considered dandelions to be flowers.

Took this pic a few years ago.

edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: Fixed link, I think

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: fastfred
A New research paper says that dandelion tea made from the leaves, (so you don't have to harvest the whole plant) taken 3x/day can keep the spike protein from attaching to the cell wall/membrane. They were thinking forward if/when c19 mutates and the vax isn't working, so an alternative approach is needed. So this is what they came up with.

I'm just going to link the research paper here

Common Dandelion Efficiently Blocks...

So don't go weeding your lawn too much. You just may need those dandelions some day. They may save your, or someone you love or know life.

I use dandelion roots, dry them and pulverize them, then make Dandelion Chai with them. I think it tastes better than the leaves.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
My sister userd to make dandelion wine. I think she was trying to kill us!

I make dandelion wine all the time and people I give it to as gifts love it. The recipe I use to make it comes from the Middle Ages, so it must be tried and true.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: paraphi

Im going to have a go at making Blackberry wine this year from the Brambles.

Hopefully i don't blow the hut up with fermentation.

Anyroad i can only try i suppose and see how it turns goes.

I make blackberry wine all the time in my home. It's perfectly safe. It ferments with a stopper in the container that allows the air pressure build-up to escape a little at a time.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The SARS-CoV-2 virus gets into the cell by the spike protein binding to ACE2, however, the replicated virus gets back out of the cell by suppressing ACE2, otherwise it would get stuck on surface of the cell, by binding there, on the way out.

It is the suppression of ACE2 that is the primary cause of the ARDS symptoms of COVID-19 that are so deadly.

So, while this may prevent the virus from infecting a cell, it also may possibly make the symptoms of an established infection worse?

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Sound TrulyColorBlind.

Cheers for the heads up.

Might pm you for some tips if that's ok?

Berries are about a month away all the same by the looks of it, 2 summers back they would have been wilting on the bush by now.

Strange summer so far.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I may have not stated it correctly, but the paper title clearly does:

"Common dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) efficiently blocks the interaction between ACE2 cell surface receptor and SARS-CoV-2 spike protein D614, mutants D614G, N501Y, K417N and E484K in vitro"

The key part being, "...efficiently blocks the interaction between ACE2 cell surface receptor and SARS-CoV-2 spike protein..."

------------

In re-reading your post; I guess the problem may be with already infected individuals.

So the basic plan would be to start drinking dandelion tea a couple times a day for about ten days if you've been exposed to prevent infection. But don't keep doing it beyond that, because it is very high in potassium, and too much can cause other issues.

REMINDER, this IS NOT medical advise.

I'm just basically presenting information, and saying what I'm thinking about doing. And reminding myself about some dangers, and anyone who reads this.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Sound TrulyColorBlind.

Cheers for the heads up.

Might pm you for some tips if that's ok?

Berries are about a month away all the same by the looks of it, 2 summers back they would have been wilting on the bush by now.

Strange summer so far.

No problem, I'll do what I can.

I noticed as well that things seem to be delayed about a month or two past normal.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Dandelions are taking over our neighborhood!
We had tons this spring so I started digging up the HUGE ones and throwing them on the compost pile.

Soon the compost pile was filled with dandelions; but not for long...

In less than 3 weeks, I had 30 buckets of dandelion dirt; completely decomposed very quickly.

The results when I put dandelion dirt on the garden are nothing short of amazing.
I have another 30 bucket batch going now; scheduled to be completed on July 4.

Any seeds in the compost should ensure a record dandelion compost harvest NEXT year.

The only problem so far is with my wife.She said if I dig one more dandelion out of the lawn,
she was leaving....

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAIKI

We used to shout "pee the bed" when kids picked dandelions as a child.

Apparently down to a folktale based on the traditional use of dandelions as diuretics.

Buttercups were placed under the chin as well to establish if you liked butter via the shine.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It's funny you mentioned the thing about placing them under your chin to see if you like butter. I remember that ritual as a kid long ago. Some girl holding one up under my chin and saying I liked butter.

But I never heard the folktale before, or knew it was a diuretic. Which part of the plant are we talking about here?
The flower?
or
the leaves?
or
the roots?

Just curious, in case you know

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Just when you picked them we would shout "Pee the bed" no particular part.

Just something that popped into my nut form the past.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The French call Dandelions Piss-en-lit, which means 'wet the bed'.

diuretic affect right there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join