It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What ever happened to the X Files cartoon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I heard about this a couple of years ago and nothing new on IMDb. Is it a dead project?

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Broncolious
Maybe it's living between the Duke Nukem movie Dolph Lundgren was supposed to be in in the late 90s and the Voltron movie Rolling Stone said Pharrell was making the soundtrack for.

And what about that Thundercats live action flick that was talked about way back when.

I'm not sure an X-files cartoon would work. The Men In Black one damn sure didn't.

But the Real Ghostbusters cartoon was pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 04:43 AM
link   

If it's American made expect it to be political propaganda nowadays. Over the past 10 years, especially the past 5, I have learned to not get my hopes up with anything new.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Shhhhh, go back to sleep, it's just paranoia creepin' on ya...

Despite the fact....Follywood screws up childhood TV show movie remakes...there's absolutely an agenda being pushed.

Supposedly, script writers and directors and actors scan sites like this and get ideas and try to troll "conspiracy theorists" in their movies....MY question is...how did they do that pre-internet, because I've seen shady stuff in older movies and shows that sticks out like a sore thumb now that I'm awake.

Ironically enough, I've noticed the glowing screen was anti-liberal back in the 70's and 80's, for the most part.

And yes I know California was once Red, but I still find it odd how everything is the opposite now.... TV used to cry "Global Cooling" and "Ice Age" in the 60's.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I didn't even realize this was being planned, but currently, it appears that the most recent news about it was August 2020, and at that time only really said that it was in the works.

The X-Files: Albuquerque

comicbook.com...

The two-dimensional truth is out there.

An animated comedy spinoff of The X-Files is in development at Fox, with series creator Chris Carter attached to exec-produce (but not write/showrun), TVLine has learned exclusively. Titled The X-Files: Albuquerque, the ‘toon offshoot — which has received a script and presentation commitment from Fox — will not revolve around David Duchovny‘s Mulder and Gillian Anderson‘s Scully. Rather, the potential series will center an office full of misfit agents who investigate X-Files cases too wacky, ridiculous or downright dopey for Mulder and Scully to bother with. They’re essentially the X-Files’ B-team.

tvline.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Word on the street is it was going to be semi-raunchy and a full on comedy, like the other stuff Bento Box does, but Chris Carter wasn't into it so they were reworking the feel of the show.

Then Fox got weird about some of the themes the writers were including, so rewrites were happening.

Apparently it might never come out now because Fox is in the air about it.

But! People at Bento Box are talking about it being released as a more limited series on Hulu or as a Halloween season special run to see how it does either in 2022 or 23.

top topics

join