It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic: season 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Lauren Oliver successfully adapted her book for the ten-episode series. Unexpectedly, after binge-watching, I am a big fan of the show. Panic follows high school graduates in the small town fictional town of Carp; they undertake tasks that are outright dangerous and make them face their fears. The prize money is for $50,000 and a way out of their dead-end community.

The viewer follows events from Heather's point of view. But the characters are engaging and drive the story nicely. I read the kindle version of Oliver's novel. I wanted to compare the source material to the streaming service adaption. Both versions stand out for their different but entertaining takes on very human emotions and desires. Before watching the program, people who read the book before watching the program will notice the expansion of storylines to cater for the extended format. Yet Oliver is successful in that aim without leaving me with feelings of absurdity. These kinds of flaws are why I often stop watching a program.

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11
Oh I binge watched that too, was surprising good. Wonder if they will do a second season?

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.

Looks right up my street

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Currently working on this one...look promising...

posted on Jun, 17 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackArrow
a reply to: xpert11
Oh I binge watched that too, was surprising good. Wonder if they will do a second season?

The show enjoys an enthusiastic following on social media and Discord. Shows that planned their second season before Covid-19 faced delays and other disadvantages. Netflix cancelled The Society, pandemic related uncertainties, and the cast taking different roles is behind the disappointing decision. So Panic enjoys the advantage that film productions are restarting in 2021. I would love to watch Panic season 2 next year.

new topics

top topics

join