It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unique paint-like coating transforms ANY surface into a light-responsive pathway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The first thing I thought of was a scene from Avatar in the jungle at night with everything glowing a soft color. This is something I hope catches on an comes to a city near all of us. Supposedly the glow product (Starpath) will last for 30 years and will glow for 10 hours after being exposed to the suns UV light. NEAT IMO !

See link for video

The future of street lighting? Unique paint-like coating transforms ANY surface into a light-responsive pathway that glows for over 10 hours

STARPATH coating makes ordinary pathways glow in the dark during the night
The coating is powered by UV light, making it safe for both humans and animals
It is now the world's first global excellence award-winning UV powered pathway
It reduces the need for expensive and environmentally harmful street lighting

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 05:14 AM
link   
GLOW in the DARK Safety and Traffic Acrylic Paint

If it is already available on eBay and you can get similar at any craft store then why is it newsworthy?

The dailyfail strikes again.

Further proof of this thread.
edit on 6 7 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
GLOW in the DARK Safety and Traffic Acrylic Paint

If it is already available on eBay and you can get similar at any craft store then why is it newsworthy?

The dailyfail strikes again.

Actually I had some glow paint for the front sight of pistols and rifles more then 15 years ago. What I like about this product is its stated longevity and evidently its ability to withstand walking and riding upon. Plus the colors are a neat touch IMO.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Have to admit I love it.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 05:44 AM
link   

BEST GLOW in the DARK ALUMINATE POWDER PIGMENT

With that, you can mix your own colors. Just have it blended into some traffic marking paint base. It is just a really thick latex paint that has some additives put in. It lasts for years on roads so walking on it should be no problem.

There is actually some natural glow in the dark sands that are available from some beaches in Japan that would also work. It is available in several colors also.

With all respect to you 727Sky, the dailyfail article is just filler.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This is a rebranding with “Environmental Change” being the selling point and I’m not buying it. It looks fun, but your eyes react to light in a way that makes dark areas darker. So you can see the path but not what’s around the path, like bad guys on bike trails. I agree we need to knock it off a bit with street lights, but this rebrand doesn’t replace them.

My Sig Saur .40 has night sights that last forever with very little sunlight and I’ve had it 15 years.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Consider the level of light pollution. Not trying to spoil the fun, but we live out in the mountains in order to "see" the beauty of the stars so readilly washed out by the lights we string up everywhere.

I like it on my gunsights just fine.

By the way there are already natural glowing lichens in the woods.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

I just love seeing your little gif of Anri.
edit on 7-6-2021 by Archivalist because: mn

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
This is a rebranding with “Environmental Change” being the selling point and I’m not buying it. It looks fun, but your eyes react to light in a way that makes dark areas darker. So you can see the path but not what’s around the path, like bad guys on bike trails. I agree we need to knock it off a bit with street lights, but this rebrand doesn’t replace them.

My Sig Saur .40 has night sights that last forever with very little sunlight and I’ve had it 15 years.

Although I find this new coating very appealing to the eye (in fact much more appealing than typical glow in the dark), it's interesting that they are branding this as "Environmentally sustainable" when they are actually using plastics in it's production!

From the Nevana Designs website:

Nevana Designs produces cutting edge, light responsive coatings and compounds for environmentally sustainable, self-sufficient energy saving solutions.

STAPATH IS A COMPOSITE MATERIAL PRODUCT
Over the last 10 years STARPATH has evolved into a complex balance of rare-earth materials and composite plastics. The result is a surface material that is both hard wearing and long lastingSTAPATH IS A COMPOSITE MATERIAL PRODUCT
Over the last 10 years STARPATH has evolved into a complex balance of rare-earth materials and composite plastics. The result is a surface material that is both hard wearing and long lasting

edit on 8/6/2021 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This may seem tangential, but one of the most fascinating studies I've ever been exposed to was some experiments with the "color" black. Black is not at all what it seems. And oddly, these studies really enlightened me about all colors, particularly ones which glow.

One of the first things they did was project a black box with a white border on a projection screen. They asked us what color the box was. "Black" was the unanimous answer. They then went on to demonstrate how what was being projected onto the screen was anything and everything BUT black! Had the image been truly 'black' we wouldn't have seen anything at all, and the fact that we could see a black box (projected onto a greyish-silver screen, in a room which wasn't darkroom-dark) proved we were seeing something, but not the color black. It was all in our mind.

Our minds were telling us the color we were seeing was black only because of the contrast with the white border...when in reality the border wasn't really "white" either (because it too was being projected onto a dark greyish-silver screen, and no matter what, it could never be lighter than that dark greyish screen). Similarly, the black color could never really be darker than the screen either. To prove this, they projected the same images onto a wall which was painted blue. The white seemed "white" and the black seemed "black", but in reality they were both just varying shades of blue. Our minds fill in the rest of the blanks, and we can't change it.

I don't think I've ever had an experience in my lifetime before that where I felt like my head was truly going to turn inside out like it did that day. Everything I've ever thought / known about color and light was permanently transformed from that point onward. And this becomes particularly true when we talk about sources of light, such as things which glow.

You see, a color is nothing more than a reflection of the light which refracts off of an object, not necessarily the actual color of the object itself. What we perceive as color could very well be the exact inverse of actual color, or some permutation thereof. Further, color exists in all areas of the spectrum, but it manifests itself in different ways outside the visible area of the electromagnetic spectrum. The only way to observe the true color of something is to observe it when absolutely no light is present. But how then would we see it? We wouldn't.

Feel your head starting to explode yet?

And that was just the Introduction to the briefing!!!! The rest was classified.

edit on 6/8/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

👍🏼 Love me some Yolandi. Full of flying fists, spit, and bite all in a cute little body. Everytime people give me crap over it, it lets me know I picked the right avatar.

top topics

join