It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Rise in Direct Energy Weapon Claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:17 AM
link   
With the recent Rise in talk about direct energy weapons being used in DC, I would like to remind everyone about the current X37b Experiment:

www.thedrive.com...

My question about this project has always been that if this solar to microwave beaming tech is solely for power production then why isn't it being carried out by non military entities? If it's not a weapon, why does it require military secrecy and infrastructure to explore?

In my mind it's obvious it's a weapon; or atleast research into space based direct energy weapon development..
edit on 3-5-2021 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap
With the recent Rise in talk about direct energy weapons being used in DC, I would like to remind everyone about the current X37b Experiment:

www.thedrive.com...

My question about this project has always been that if this solar to microwave beaming tech is solely for power production then why isn't it being carried out by non military entities? If it's not a weapon, why does it require military secrecy and infrastructure to explore?

In my mind it's obvious it's a weapon; or atleast research into space based direct energy weapon development..

Cost. Access to space.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Cost. Access to space.

'Inserts Elon Musk giggles'

I know this isn't exactly the YouTube comments section, but that was asking for it, lol

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

The only problem with this is that the previous claims of directed energy weapons have been debunked.

The claim of the "blue beam" in the California wild fires turned out to be a combination of hoaxes and well known natural phenomena, and the claims of people being targeted in Cuba turned out to be due to insecticides used to combat bed bugs and mosquitoes. These cases were found to be functionally identical to cases in the Dominican republic where rooms had been sprayed with strong insecticides and not properly ventilated afterwards. The victims were random tourists rather than diplomats and because the cover up was carried out by hotel owners rather than intelligence agencies a lot more information got out to the public.

BBC

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

Cost. Access to space.

'Inserts Elon Musk giggles'

I know this isn't exactly the YouTube comments section, but that was asking for it, lol

Asking for what?

It was an honest answer.

The government develops “secret” technology is a big misconception.

Liquid fuel rockets, Wireless radio, airplanes, TV. Probably some of the inventions with the largest impacts on our society invented by individuals. Not military agents.

With nuclear science and computer science having the biggest contribution from individuals and colleges. And those fields being pushed by civilians and the market.

What military through government can do is purchase developing technologies while they are extremely expensive and not economical.

Elon Musk is a government agent?
edit on 3-5-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Liquid fuel rockets, Wireless radio, airplanes, TV. Probably some of the inventions with the largest impacts on our society invented by individuals. Not military agents.

The Atomic Bomb was invented by civilians.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

The X-37B isn't purely military. They're testing technology that can be used by the military, but it isn't purely military. On a previous mission they tested a new thruster for NASA, how various materials react in space, how long term exposure to space affect seeds, as well as carrying small satellites into space.

The power beaming mission is the Naval Research Lab testing new technology, that isn't actually beaming power. They are testing the efficiency of converting sunlight into microwave energy. They got about 8% efficiency. The ARACHNE mission in 2024 may be the first actual power beaming mission. As for why the military, the military has the money, the access, and doesn't suffer from NIMBY.
edit on 5/3/2021 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The Atomic Bomb was invented by civilians.

I'm schocked - this is not the FCD I know.

Are you playing us? Los Alamos?

en.wikipedia.org...

J. Robert Oppenheimer[note 1] (/ˈɒpənˌhaɪmər/; April 22, 1904 – February 18, 1967) was an American theoretical physicist and professor of physics at the University of California, Berkeley. Oppenheimer was the wartime head of the Los Alamos Laboratory and is among those who are credited with being the "father of the atomic bomb" for their role in the Manhattan Project, the World War II undertaking that developed the first nuclear weapons. The first atomic bomb was successfully detonated on July 16, 1945, in the Trinity test in New Mexico.

Oppenheimer used his spare pocket change? hahahahaha!

Google

US$ 2 billion
Eventually, the Manhattan Project employed more than 130,000 people and cost nearly US$ 2 billion (equivalent to US$ 23 billion in 2007 dollars). Eventually, the Manhattan Project employed more than 130,000 people and cost nearly US$ 2 billion (equivalent toUS$ 23 billion in 2007 dollars).

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You responded to this:

...My question about this project has always been that if this solar to microwave beaming tech is solely for power production then why isn't it being carried out by non military entities?

...with this:

Cost. Access to space.

I don't believe that Musk has prohibitive money-flow problems or issues with access to space.

Maybe I just misunderstood the whole thing, lol

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

and the claims of people being targeted in Cuba turned out to be due to insecticides used to combat bed bugs and mosquitoes. These cases were found to be functionally identical to cases in the Dominican republic where rooms had been sprayed with strong insecticides and not properly ventilated afterwards.

And you really ate that sh!t up?

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

It's all fun and games until someone blows a fuse and launches a real counterstrike against the culprits behind these attacks.

Only idiots pursue these and actually use them, the west has it's own, even India has some and of course China used microwave based directed energy attacks on the Indian troops in Ladakh.

Even bloody Turkey is developing them, Israel probably has some and of course Russia with it's old cold war legacy has research projects many of which were lost but have likely been recreated with much better technology going back to at least the 50's.

Nazi Germany was developing them.

And of course you can be damned well certain that we Brit's probably have a few locked away at old Porton down or where ever the real top secret site is as that is probably a red herring of a site these days.

Add to that biological weapon's, nerve agent's (some of which are at least as effective as a neutron bomb would be) and other non conventional weapon's kept in case of a doomsday scenario by many nations including the UK that are supposedly not deployable but yeah we all believe that crap they would not have them if they were not deployable.

The fact is that whoever is doing this is going to be found out, many of these other nations have detectors that will catch them sooner or later and regardless of whether they be foreign entity's or domestic terrorism arising from within rogue branches of the intelligence or military wanted to create a feedback loop in the political fallout that they can then exploit it remains a damned foolish and purely moronic act, yes the Soviets DID use directed energy weapons during the cold war in both Moscow and East Germany against western embassy's as part of there experiment's probably knowing those sites would be heavily shielded so that if there attack's worked there then they would work anywhere.

It could and in some cases WOULD trigger a genuine war, perhaps even WW3 and it is not inconceivable that a government feeling impotent in the face of mounting attack's and fearing losing control of it's own territory may even press the big red button, who'd be laughing at how smart they are then?.

Nut job's simple as that.

You know though one of the most interesting but also flawed as the German Sonic Cannon, it could literally liquify your internal organs but was so big and cumbersome and hard to set up that a kid with a pea shooter could destroy it, needless to say it got put on the back burner by the Krauts but they at least learned that it worked or had potential as far back as the early 1940's.

Since that time both the Russians and the US have developed there own Sonic and EM based weapon's, Directed microwave gun's have been possible and probably existed as far back as the early 1960's (they can cause a directed internal injury on a target, lets' say a speaker at a podium suddenly having what look's like a heart attack, a stroke etc).

edit on 3-5-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Always enjoy this topic ... of course YMMV ....
Targeted Justice - Timeline For Satellite Weapons

“The real menace of our Republic is the invisible government, which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy legs over our cities, states and nation… The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both parties, … and control the majority of the newspapers and magazines in this country.”
– New York City Mayor John F. Hylan, New York Times, March 26, 1922

edit on 532021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

and the claims of people being targeted in Cuba turned out to be due to insecticides used to combat bed bugs and mosquitoes. These cases were found to be functionally identical to cases in the Dominican republic where rooms had been sprayed with strong insecticides and not properly ventilated afterwards.

And you really ate that sh!t up?

Yes, because everybody who reported problems had recently been in areas that had been sprayed or had been in contact with things that had been sprayed. And the chemicals are known to cause these exact effects.

Those who had not had the contact didn't experience the problems.

The cases in the Dominican Republic act as a control group. Unless of course you're expecting me to believe that some nefarious organization tracked down guest who had been in poorly ventilated hotels rooms after they were sprayed for insects, and targeted them with some kind of energy weapon as well?

An energy weapon would have to pass through walls and have a narrow enough beam not to effect other people in the room, and would have to be made in such a way that it wouldn't effect things like plants or food, or other organic materials in the room.

Any energy weapon powerful enough to hit a person through a wall would microwave them where they stood. You'd see burns on their skin at the very least, if not their eyeballs.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The cases in the Dominican Republic act as a control group.

I was under the impression that data has to be tangible/measurable before it can be considered a control group in a scientific experiment. And of course, the results from the first experiment have to be reproduced in other scientific experiments before anything can be deemed conclusive.

So far, newspaper clippings are anecdotal at best.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Could someone help me here. I'm sure a few years ago the military had a directed sound beam weapon and it was used for crowd control? I can't remember its name. Also the navy had a directed laser weapon, so that could be contrued as an energy weapon.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Aarg Zombies Wow and to think some would say WE got the tinfoil hat on. Lmao. Did all the fires that were debunked start by insecticide with all the hoaxes and natural phenomena? Lmao.
edit on 3-5-2021 by SuicideKing33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
LRAD for Long Range Acoustic Device. They also demonstrated how they can burn a hole through the hood, and engine block of a Ford pick-up truck from a distance of one mile.
www.pcworld.com...
From the article:

A successful test of Lockheed Martin’s ATHENA military laser punched a hole through a running Ford F-150 pickup truck at more than a mile away, proving that military grade lasers are anything but science fiction.

In fact, ATHENA’s power is orders of magnitude higher than what the Terminator requested in the movie of the same name: instead of a phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range, ATHENA directs 30 kilowatts of energy downrange.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Directed energy weapons are whacko conspiracy theories from Dr Judy Wood.
Next we'll be hearing about space beams.

Oh, and there's no connection between the forest fires in California either.
Just ignore any threads I may have posted about that.
Or radar returns showing anomalies at the exact time and place the fire started.
All sci-fi fantasy imagination so just ignore it.
edit on 4-5-2021 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

This is nothing new. Has been going on for years.
From WikiP:

"The Moscow Signal was a reported microwave transmission varying between 2.5 and 4 gigahertz, directed at the Embassy of the United States, Moscow from 1953–1976, resulting in an international incident. The US government eventually determined it was probably an attempt at espionage, and that there were no significant health effects on embassy staff."

I read a book about a CIA spy in Moscow during the Cold War, and he also mentioned the Russians liked to aim microwaves at the embassy buildings.
edit on 7-5-2021 by Rider because: spacing

top topics

join