It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greg Abbott Forbids Government ‘Vaccine Passport’ Mandates In Texas Through Executive Order

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Y'all do realize that this is exactly what the civil war was fought over, right?

The War of Northern Aggression was not, at its core, about slavery; it was about the right of each individual state to determine what happens within its own borders. Slavery was the spark that set the tinder alight back then.

This is the same issue. The federal gov't will swoop in an tell the dissenting states to line up with its mandate and the states will have to decide if they will capitulate or stand their ground.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Vaccine passports are Jim Crow on steroids. a reply to: Klassified

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonInHtown
Vaccine passports are Jim Crow on steroids. a reply to: Klassified

April 6, 2021

Here's some good news out of the Biden White House today. The Administration is NOT going to implement a Federal Vaccine Passport program/system.

Source: thehill.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
originally posted by: tanstaafl
"3. It still allows private businesses to require proof of vaccination."

There is supposed to be a bill in their legislature to cover all this, but I have found no details yet. I did not see number 3. Glad you posted it. That defeats part of the reason for the EO to start with. Disappointing.

I should clarify, federal law currently prohibits even private companies from mandating them as long as they are only approved for emergency use - but I expect that to change soon. And of course, some private companies (airlines for one) are trying to mandate them in spite of this federal law.

I'm afraid we're going to have to sue our way back to freedom - or, as a last resort, fight.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Here's some good news out of the Biden White House today. The Administration is NOT going to implement a Federal Vaccine Passport program/system.

Source: thehill.com...

Yay! A bunch of thieves and liars make a vacuous claim they won't do something - right before they do.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Y'all do realize that this is exactly what the civil war was fought over, right?

The War of Northern Aggression was not, at its core, about slavery; it was about the right of each individual state to determine what happens within its own borders. Slavery was the spark that set the tinder alight back then.

This is the same issue. The federal gov't will swoop in an tell the dissenting states to line up with its mandate and the states will have to decide if they will capitulate or stand their ground.

This is why I keep bringing up centralization of government in posts. It's what the current crop of democrats want. Total control of the country from the federal level, and they will do whatever they can to insure capitulation, including starting a war. They have a scorched earth policy and they will use it as a last resort.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join