It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbes: Indian Army Shows Off Drone Swarm Of Mass Destruction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well here's something that appears to not found its way to ATS. I didn't find the link as it was sent to me by one of my contacts who obtained it from a American Airlines Captain as we are still digging into that flight 2292 object.

Indian Army Shows Off Drone Swarm Of Mass Destruction

The 75-drone swarm shows the current state of the art, but India’s goal is a 1,000-drone swarm. Swarms of small drones have the potential to overwhelm air defenses, and their low cost means they can be deployed in far greater numbers than existing systems. While massed drones in spectacular lightshows are all controlled centrally, in a true swarm each of the drones flies itself, following a simple set of rules to maintain formation and avoid collisions with algorithms derived from flocking birds. A thousand-drone swarm could hit a vast number of targets – enough for analyst Zak Kallenborn — Research Affiliate at the Unconventional Weapons and Technology Division at the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) — to argue that it would constitute a weapon of mass destruction.

Anyway, take a look at this as it has been discussed to be used to chase down criminals here in the USA along with others. Terrifying isn't it. So here comes India and their development probably in response to keep the PRC somewhat grounded. In brief it appears that India wants to create a air force of 1000 of these type of drones. Assuming they have the most latest and greatest countermeasures just how would someone protect themselves? Sonic Proton Beam?

Please comment as our world is evolving at world class speed.

Here's a 2nd article referencing Forbes:

Indian military showed off a swarm of 75 drones

NEW DELHI, India – At a live demonstration for India’s Army Day in January, the Indian military showed off a swarm of 75 drones destroying simulated targets in explosive kamikaze attacks for the first time. Forbes reports.

The Military & Aerospace Electronics take: 3 Feb. 2021 -- While the swarm’s exact capabilities are not clear, the event is a clear indication of how the technology is developing — and proliferating. The swarm of 75 small unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) shows the current state of the art, but India’s goal is a 1,000-drone swarm with the potential to overwhelm air defenses, and the low-cost means they can be deployed in far greater numbers than existing systems. In the demonstration, scout drones investigated the targets, then mothership drones released explosive-laden kamikaze units which carried out the attacks

edit on 3-3-2021 by Waterglass because: typo

Hers a video and the UN take:

India Economic Times

edit on 3-3-2021 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 3-3-2021 by Waterglass because: link was bad

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Not sure how you could defend against it other than a short range EMP of some sort...

Angel Has Fallen movie had a scene with a drone swarm attack to try to take out a President. Each drone was basically like a flying kamikaze grenade.

edit on 3-3-2021 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The UN is treating this development as a WMD. I wonder if the world will try to ban same. Can you imagine when countries like DRK and others get these.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There was a video put once here (it was fictional) of a show or movie that housed an in-auditorium demonstration of how a “beautiful light show turns into multiple kill-shots

Also Starcraft Protoss Carroers? Why not not?

Us Terrans seems to have a things for

“Death From Above”

edit on 3-3-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

My main concern is this. They are making weapons so cool that one day someone won't resist the temptation to use them.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Imagine more than one and up to 75 or more.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Drone swarms are nothing new. Three F-18s dropped over 100 small drones in flight four years ago.

China launched a drone swarm from a truck, including one that involved 200 drones.

The UK flew 20, with five different types involved.

www.airforce-technology.com...

DARPA OFFSET

Gremlins

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Ah yes. A return to AA guns with HIgh explosive shells,but computer driven,with a combination of Metal storm technology that could eliminate a swarm in one or two shots at full bore would be a good defense prolly.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Drones are the future.

Even Delivery services are looking into Drones for faster delivery.

Can you imagine? 5 to 10 years from now, drone traffic above our heads during normal traffic hours.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

G'day Wg...You prob have, if not, search MICHIGAN DRONE CO fills sky...Mt. Clemens I think...fly formations up to 100..at night...with lights

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I remember years ago the CIA was asking about buying our system, but they would not need a recovery system as part of it. We were like hmmm I wonder how much could 4 to 8kg of explosives do? I been thinking about how hard or easy would it be to build small drones that only go after humans, wouldn't need much to take a human out.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yes i remember DOD was looking into natural swarm behaviour in insects for use in programming electronic drones.

Pretty soon it will be like the Protoss air carriers in Starcraft

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Pretty sure drone swarms are really really dumb. They are going to be useless for attacking any modern state backed military type force. So it's just more overkill for going after anybody else.

The reason is sentry guns. Automatic guns controlled by computers with targeting by radar or something like that can blow away huge huge numbers of drones in a short amount of time with no problem. They can fire machine guns with the accuracy of sniper rifles.

Sentry guns are off the shelf technology, they can be just some old machine gun and add a little radar and some robotics and pc parts. They are used openly in a few cases like the Navy's phalanx or in the Korean DMZ. Beyond that they simply must exist already in secret as they are completely obviously superior to people shooting guns the regular way would probably be a big part of serious infantry warfighting plans i.e. if we had to fight China etc.

Another reason they are dumb is basic signal jamming. They'd have to be fully autonomous and independent or they'd be useless.

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 11andrew34

Sorry. I disagree as the country of India doesn't have a bunch of dummies running their military

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero Small drones for asisasination, like in Hunter-Seekers in Dune. ew

posted on Mar, 7 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Anyone here play videogames? I've been playing Doom Eternal and the hellscape backgrounds seem eerily similar to the direction this world is heading.

new topics

top topics

join