It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's ok if you buy into the Fear of this pandemic, but please retain some common sense!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Not that any of you give a F when you have a full-on rant going but again, protocols are based on what we have been able to learn and given the dynamic nature of viruses that will be changing as long as the virus is in circulation. The 'flimsy' surgical mask has FAR less permeability compared to 25 layers of wool or any other woven fabric garment. This is the reason the CDC waived-off neck gators. Labs are testing the various combinations of materials and designs to figure-out what works and what doesn't. Not that actual science means anything of course. If the pandemic had been handled even moderately seriously from the get-go we wouldn't be where we are now. Just another flu, just a cold virus, just a hoax, it'll disappear by April.

'We've met the enemy and he is us.' --- Pogo

'You can't fix stupid' --- unknown

So live in fear and yell more about needing to wear masks? Your quotes are pretty spot on, but I don’t think you’ve properly understood them.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86

First... I disagree with both premise's of your OP.

1. It is not ok to 'buy into the fear', and...

2. It is not a pandemic. It is fake. FULL STOP.

I'm stopped and told that I have to take off the scarves and put on a little flimsy chinese made surgical mask "for our safety."

I pointed out...

I would have simply smiled, said 'I love you too' and walked on past.
edit on 20-2-2021 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

The 'flimsy' surgical mask has FAR less permeability compared to 25 layers of wool or any other woven fabric garment.

Actually, surgical masks are loose-fitting and allow particles to be expelled around the edges. They do, however, restrict the free flow of oxygen to the wearer, resulting in a few points drop in blood O2 levels. For some of us, that tiny drop in blood O2 is enough to exacerbate an already difficult condition (such as poor blood flow to the extremities). The result is that wearing a mask can and does, for me, cause me to become unable to even stand within a minute or two. Based on the fact that I also get a little lightheaded during that minute or so, I expect i would become comatose from lack of oxygen after a few more minutes.

I get it; you're scared. The big, bad virus is gonna jump out at you from some unknown location if someone doesn't wear a face mask around you. No. It's a virus, just like any other virus, and it will respond to the same conditions that help slow other viruses. Those conditions being, personal hygiene, maintaining a reasonable distance from those with the virus, and disinfectant (mouthwashes containing either cetylpyridinium chloride or ethyl lauroyl arginate are 100% effective in destroying the virus within 30 seconds). Never in the history of humanity has anyone successfully stopped, or even slowed, an airborne virus using face masks.

In addition, if face masks work as you claim, why is the virus still spreading? Sounds to me like the experiment was a failure and people are just refusing to admit it.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Not that any of you give a F when you have a full-on rant going but again, protocols are based on what we have been able to learn and given the dynamic nature of viruses that will be changing as long as the virus is in circulation. The 'flimsy' surgical mask has FAR less permeability compared to 25 layers of wool or any other woven fabric garment. This is the reason the CDC waived-off neck gators. Labs are testing the various combinations of materials and designs to figure-out what works and what doesn't. Not that actual science means anything of course. If the pandemic had been handled even moderately seriously from the get-go we wouldn't be where we are now. Just another flu, just a cold virus, just a hoax, it'll disappear by April.

'We've met the enemy and he is us.' --- Pogo

'You can't fix stupid' --- unknown

Yes, you can't fix stupid is right. My quote from another thread. Maybe you will realize who the stupid ones really are.
Make sure you watch the video in the link.

originally posted by: panoz77

You don't say, hmmm. What about this? Do you notice anything odd in the video in this link?
www.independent.co.uk...

I'll help you. Do you notice that in cold weather, we can ACTUALLY see the water vapor in our exhaled breath? Do you happen to notice the HUGE CLOUDS of WATER VAPOR pouring out from every direction regardless of how many and what type of mask the man is wearing? Do you feel safe now, do you now understand you are being LIED to by the "experts".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join