It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The Earth Was Flat I'd Open A Resort Near The Edge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 02:48 AM
link   
If one jumped to their death off the edge, would they end up slowly dying of thirst first? Could one set up a business clothing, feeding, educating, entertaining and housing the "falling ones?" What sort of economy and civilization might develop for those in free fall? What system could develop to stay in touch with the rapidly receding edge? Could this be what is meant by certain Biblical references?

Would there be other gritty pancake worlds? Would there be a black hole at the bottom that spit one out of a white hole into an opposite free fall past another anti-Earth? If one set up rivers stocked with nutrients and materials to fall with the fallers, would that enable a society to develop? How would waste be disposed of? Light? Ecosystem?

Could an arrangement of perfectly falling bodies so that they circled two flattish worlds happen, somewhere, without the black and white holes, but rather between two flattish bodies in a particular orbital arrangement around a star? What sort of force would be needed to accelerate a body into a steady orbit? Could one make it to a Lagrange Point?

Hmmm ... time to drop some monkeys off a skyscraper and run some numbers.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Ssshhh...wait till they find out, jokes on them

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants
Why do you assume that there is an edge?

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Is there still gravity beyond the edge?

If not, then it probably won't be a very pretty view. Probably won't smell too good either with all that urine just floating freely a couple feet away from the bar/restaurant.

ETA: And even if there is gravity beyond the edge, then you're still going to end up with a lot of urine soaked into the pizza crust edge. idk for sure, but you may wanna re-think the whole urinating thing. I'd probably scrap that Idea and stick with conventional restrooms.

edit on 2/14/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
If one jumped to their death off the edge, would they end up slowly dying of thirst first? Could one set up a business clothing, feeding, educating, entertaining and housing the "falling ones?" What sort of economy and civilization might develop for those in free fall? What system could develop to stay in touch with the rapidly receding edge? Could this be what is meant by certain Biblical references?

Would there be other gritty pancake worlds? Would there be a black hole at the bottom that spit one out of a white hole into an opposite free fall past another anti-Earth? If one set up rivers stocked with nutrients and materials to fall with the fallers, would that enable a society to develop? How would waste be disposed of? Light? Ecosystem?

Could an arrangement of perfectly falling bodies so that they circled two flattish worlds happen, somewhere, without the black and white holes, but rather between two flattish bodies in a particular orbital arrangement around a star? What sort of force would be needed to accelerate a body into a steady orbit? Could one make it to a Lagrange Point?

Hmmm ... time to drop some monkeys off a skyscraper and run some numbers.

You ask a lot of questions...but I believe I can answer them.

So, here goes.

Probably.
Depends on zoning laws.
I don't know.
Yodeling.
No.
Sure, why not.
It depends.
Plastic grocery bags.
That's not a very good question. Try again.
Sorry... that's not any better.
Sure, why not.
Three double A batteries.
As long as the buses are running.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I would open a diving board store right on the edge and a trampoline store next door.

<< 1   >>

join