It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID Likely the Third-Leading Cause of Death in US, CDC Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The first 2 biggest causes of death did not bend people out of shape. The third was Covid? Nobody seems worried about it either. They're begging people to get vaccinated here in Illinois. Most don't want it, because Covid-19 isn't a big deal.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Edumakated
I had been looking for more info on the excess deaths. I suspected the excess death number might be manipulaed because I was reading some footnotes on CDC website and I noticed they used the term "expected deaths" meaning the death count is a prediction, not actual deaths. The American Thinker article linked in the OP explains how it is calculated.

I guess I don't understand why death count would be a prediction. It is a binary question. People have died or they haven't? How hard is it to say X number of people died in 2019 and YTD Y number of people have died? Why do we need to predict of expect anything?

Secondly, we need to see all causes of deaths historically going back years.

It has been noted the flu doesn't exist anymore which is pretty clear indication that flu = covid now. What is the death count of heart attacks? Cancer? Strokes? If these are going down then it very well proves that Covid is all encompassing.

The expected deaths figure is to give context to the actual recorded deaths. In the CDC data I believe its a 3 year average.

It does not replace the recorded deaths figure.

In the article linked in the OP, it lays out the issue with "expected death" number. In particular, using the last three years as a proxy.

People either died or they didn't. We don't need an "expected death" figure. We need actual death figures. Now that 2020 is over, it should not be rocket science to say X number of people actually died in 2020. Not a guesstimate. Not estimated. Not projected. This is the stack of death certificates we have and there are 3,000,000 or whatever the number.

We should also be able to show who died of what exactly and compare that to previous year records.

Enough with the obfuscation, data massaging, etc. These should be pretty simple data to analyze imho.

You do have an actual deaths figure which you can happily compare to previous years . Spoiler alert 2020 is a lot higher

The expected deaths figure is in to give context as
I said .

edit on 8-1-2021 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join