It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Yeager has died

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Loss of a legend!!! He was an American hero. He lived an amazing life.
My Dad told me all about him when I was growing up. He served under him in Vietnam.
My Dad actually had to ask Chuck Yeager’s permission to marry my Mom. They will be sad to here this news.

www.chuckyeager.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Godspeed Chuck Yeager, you will be missed!!

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hell of a pilot. I crossed paths with him a number of times to include flying with him in the 80s as part of a deal to talk at our Wing safety meeting, and he gets to jump in the right seat of a C5...lol

Chuck and safety is one oxymoron if I every seen one.

During the question period one female crew member asked him if he felt our 16 hour crew duty day was too long and unsafe. The rest of us kind of slapped our foreheads when she asked. He looked at her and said "darling I don't understand your question...the day is over when the mission is over"

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Just the other day I was saying the same thing about the UK.

RIP General Yeager

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
1984 I was at the Miramar Airshow. I was a E-1 in school at NAS North Island and rode a bus out for the show. I was coming down the stairs from looking into the cockpit of the F-20 Tigershark and bumped into a man. I caught him instead of knocking him down. I looked at him and stammered out "I'm sorry General Yeager." He said "No problem" and asked where I was from? I told him "Butler, Pennsylvania just a bit North of Pittsburgh" He said "I know where Butler is." and then he introduced me to Bob Hoover. I was 18 years old and totally in awe. Rest in peace sir.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Sorry about the extra post, Zaph. Almost a whole day
late to the wake. Delete as you see fit.
Steal the '47 still with the X-1, it's still one of my favorites
of his. RIP Brigadier.
Definitely one of the heroes I can count on one hand.

posted on Dec, 8 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

My Uncle was Yeager’s crew chief for a good part of his time in the USAF. Would have been around 1962-63. He has several photos of them doing pre-flights and a few candid shots together.

Rest In Peace to one of the last true American heroes from the greatest generation.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Dad helped build many of the airplanes he flew/tested. RIP General Yeager Sir...

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Gonna watch the right stuff tonight, in his honor. I had a neighbor from that era who flew P38 lightnings during the war. Really cool guy to talk to. Interesting thing is they were never boastful about flying. These men were a different breed entirely. Rest in peace General Yeager.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
very sad loss to humanity, he was my favorite real life super hero.

<< 1   >>

join