It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dressing up, nowhere to go...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Carve your turkey as you will.
Next day: Make soup from the remainder. Freeze excess and have a great soup for the next year.
I can give you a recipe if you are interested.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I will just watch the Detroit Lions lose in peace and quiet

Ha ha ha ha! Yeah, they can't take that away from us! Those poor Lions.

TCB

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   

edit on 19-11-2020 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Um. If this is a thanksgiving Turkey thread all dress d yo with nowhere to go lemme help ya ATS....

In the absolute strangest year, I wish You and Yours solidarity. In a time where nothing makes sense, I encourage you to embrace one evening out of this year to celebrate the other American holiday. The one that doesn’t blow stuff up in step with our anthem.

In a time of uncertainty, I commend you in making plans as you all see fit, whether by air travel, bus, train, car or Zoom. I thank you ALL for taking the time this next week to cherish, live, and hold all the things we hold Dear

Everyone everywhere, ya ain’t gotta like ya Yanks. But when we’re good we’re the Best. And Thanksgiving represents to me as an American the Best we have to offer

No. I will not entertain the valid posts about stolen land and pox blankets. Yes I do acknowledge such savage atrocities. But. Thanksgiving. This Year.

We come a long way ATS through the hard times. So lemme be the first to thread drift the whizz outta this one and thank you all. Every single one of us. Thank You All.
Whomever you celebrate with and how, I love you all. Take stock this week. Just this one. 8 months on. We ain’t deep-fried just yet amigos.....

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I feel you, and I'm sorry.
We are dealing with our Governor not letting you have large gatherings, and my mom, who has the beginning stages of dementia.
I spent two weeks ago, putting out the fire of her being mad at my sister for not coming to Thanksgiving. (Sis had covid, and doesn't want to risk mom.)
Then she invites me, the hubby and youngest. Ok. No biggy.
But she hadn't asked my stepdad.
He isn't having Thanksgiving, to protect mom. I agree, but now she is mad at all of us.

So hard to disappoint her, but we all want to keep her safe.

What a suck #SS year.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Next day: Make soup from the remainder. Freeze excess and have a great soup for the next year.

I have epilepsy and my main way of controling it is soup. Over the last fifteen years I have learned to make some pretty kickass soups, all have one thing in common, they control my epilepsy, and by the same chemistry also are anti-cancer and anti-viral. If you want energy to go out snowmobiling or hiking, my soups are not what you want beforehand, but will be great for when you are done with your projects.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I have epilepsy and my main way of controling it is soup. Over the last fifteen years I have learned to make some pretty kickass soups, all have one thing in common, they control my epilepsy, and by the same chemistry also are anti-cancer and anti-viral. If you want energy to go out snowmobiling or hiking, my soups are not what you want beforehand, but will be great for when you are done with your projects.

I love to cook and try different people's recipes. I'm vegetarian, do you have a good vegetarian soup recipe you would want to share?

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Michielli

originally posted by: rickymouse

I love to cook and try different people's recipes. I'm vegetarian, do you have a good vegetarian soup recipe you would want to share?

Pretty hard to vegetize my soups. Even my potato leek soup has chicken broth in it and the onion soup and minestrone soup we make uses grass fed bone broth in it and the bone grease we get from boiling those marrow bones is used to fry the onions or veggies which is actually exceptionally good for us. Much of the anti-epileptic and immune modulating chemistry of the soups comes from the good fats in the meats, the first run fats are scooped off when you boil the soup, they have a more off taste to them, the omega sixes have a lower melting point than the omega threes.

All my soups have veggies in them, actually quite a bit of veggies. Commercial Plant based oils are not very good for people, a little is not bad because you can detox them, but margarine is not good. It takes plenty of enzymes to detox the commercial soy and corn oil and some others, most people cannot eat much of those. But many people can digest real butter properly, the more natural the diet of the cow that is used to produce the butter, the better the lipid profile. Grassmilk controls our blind cats allergies pretty well, better than a lot of the stuff I give him. We also got grassmilk butter powder for him, but are leary about giving that because it has probiotics added and I am not sure that is good for him. They make a medicine for cats with allergies based off of grassmilk and also one for humans.

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
Turkey breast, by itself...it's...something

posted on Nov, 19 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Just discovered our county is locked down again and our Governor has decreed if anyone enters your home it's face masks for EVERYONE!
Just in time for Thanksgiving.
Black Friday Week.

Nonetheless they can't take away "Alices Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie, or Punkin'Chunkin, or cream cheese pumpkin log cake so we will be fine without the Governor's approval. On the bright side if the cops pull me over traveling to Mom's I'm a first time offender and have bail money.

Let the Gravy Wars Begin!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

We have been told that no new actions will be enacted this week!

We have dodged a bullet!

My fear is that they are delaying until after Thanksgiving.

But will have the week leading up to Thursday (the general manager said that they already ordered food last week and a 72 hour shutdown notice would be disastrous for restaurants not to mention a waste of food!)

Logic dictates that since restaurants are not a source of Covid-19 dispersal then the current rules are working.

If it is working, why close??!

Stay hydrated, everyone!!

Happy Thanksgiving for those not shutdown and hugs for those that are!

We’ve made it this far! Let’s kick this year to the curb by making great memories this week!

<< 1   >>

join