It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake asteroid? - NASA expert IDs mystery object as old rocket from failed moon-landing mission

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

The discarded third stage from Apollo 12 Saturn V missed the moon - venting left over propellants gave it too much velocity and it sailed past the moon

Usually the empty stages were crashed into moon to generate artificial "moon quakes" for the seismographs to measure

The empty stage showed up again in 2002 and was cataloged

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gb540

Maybe can send these guys out to recover it

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Perhaps trumps space force is in operation a little earlier than expected. Like the wall....

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: vonclod That was a good show. I have always liked shows like Star Treks and Stargates. When I was a kid, I built a big model of the enterprise, it was an expensive model to buy at the time, I bet I paid five bucks for the kit. It was the one that was about two feet long, not a small model at all. Came with the glue and everything, I had my own paints, it may have had some with it though, expensive kits sometimes had everything. I never bought the prepainted ones, that was cheating.

I used to make the Airfix and Revell ones when i was young they are super expensive now i wish i hung on to some of them now especially one of the last i made the space shuttle .

Revell 1/144 Launch Tower, space shuttle & booster rockets Plastic Model kit £ 90+ 32 postage

I used to make wine and beer and sell it to pay for my habit back then

My enterprise model just had some little light bulbs in the back and in the ship in places, that was back in about sixty eight or so. It wasn't really impressive to my parents, but I was around thirteen at the time and I liked building models. It was way nicer than the little eight inch toys they sold at the store, and was actually about a buck cheaper. I ordered it from a magazine or comic book. Oh yeah, you have to add shipping to the five bucks. I forgot about that. It probably ran about nine or ten bucks actually by the time I got it home.

Meanwhile, I had it hanging from the ceiling and the cat jumped up and got it, I was pissed at the cat for months....It was pretty smashed, that is what I get for hanging it up near the dresser. Boy, when I started talking about this, I wondered what happened to it, then I remembered about the cat. That was only fifty two years ago. Pulling back memories from that long ago is harder, if the cat didn't jump up on it's own computer chair nest to me I wouldn't have even remembered this.

Back then the Enterprise used to run on D cells.
edit on 11-10-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

After i posted this earlier i had a little revelation , everything i like i get into in a big way and get totally addicted to it
i had every WW2 model plane you could name in my bedroom and on the ceiling including the German ones .

I always wanted the Star Trek models but they were not around in the early 70s but they were about $ 1.50 for a small model of a air plane i was just checking out the model paints and they are about $ 10 a tin now
it is a expensive hobby now for kids , i got a shot gun and got into shooting things and forgot about models i kept up the booze making till my 20s

O the asteroid in case i forget well as long as a Nasa EXPERT does not come in and say it is a thermal blanket from STS 88 which never heard - what goes up must come down then i am ok with a spent booster section

edit on 11/10/2020 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join