It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors Burn The White House in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan Over Rigged Election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Well well well, Hollywood has moved to Central Asia I see. So I won't even try to attempt to explain the politics going on here as this place has had two successive violent coups in the last 15 years. Protestors even freed a former leader sentenced to 11 years on various corruption and intimidation charges. Either way, i just though it was an interesting headline and comparison .

Man people sure can get fired up over an election.

The White House in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan burns after having been stormed by protesters, denouncing this weekend’s parliamentary election as stolen © Sputnik

The blaze ignited shortly after the government headquarters were taken over by protesters, denouncing this weekend’s parliamentary election as stolen and accusing the government of vote-buying and intimidation.

The protesters demanded the results of the vote – which showed only four parties passing the 7-percent threshold, two of them considered pro-government – be annulled and that new elections take place.

The Birimdik (Unity) party, which is considered pro-government and which racked up the biggest share of votes on Sunday (24.52 percent), announced that it’s ready to take part in a repeat of the parliamentary vote. Asylbek Jeenbekov, the younger brother of incumbent President Sooronbay Jeenbekov, is a Birimdik member.

While Birimdik called on other three parties, which are poised to enter the parliament, to follow its lead and pledge to take part in the new elections, that did not placate the supporters of the losing opposition parties who hit the streets. A total of 16 parties took part in the Sunday vote, vying for 120 parliamentary seats.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Well well well, Hollywood has moved to Central Asia I see. So I won't even try to attempt to explain the politics going on here as this place has had two successive violent coups in the last 15 years. Protestors even freed a former leader sentenced to 11 years on various corruption and intimidation charges. Either way, i just though it was an interesting headline and comparison .

Man people sure can get fired up over an election.

[...]

They wanted Borat for President...

edit on Tue Oct 6 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Trim Those Quotes

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Looks like they have bigger balls than most North Americans do.
edit on 6102020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join