It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid people... stupid ordinance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Let me relate a story that I use to point out exactly what you're saying - the vast majority of us don't bother (either can't or won't) to look at ourselves from someone else's point of view. Those of us who are able to see another point of view are forever frustrated by this.

Back in the 1990s, my ex and I took a 2 week camping trip every year to the upper penninsula of Michigan, staying at rustic campgrounds all across the state. Some were in the middle of literal nowhere, amongst abandoned 1800s logging towns and mines.

One particular campground is along the dirt highway between Grand Marais and Munising. When we got there it was raining and cold, lake Superior was throwing up 30 foot waves. The next day was clear and very nice but for one thing. Deer flies. Biting hordes of horrible nasty clouds of deer flies that showed up at 3 in the afternoon. By then there were 5 other campers and everyone decided, 5 am, our asses are outta there.

Long about 8 that night the Loud family from Detroit shows up, strings a light from a 20 foot pole and proceeds to LOOK FOR FIREWOOD WHILE SHOUTING BACK AND FORTH FROM ALL SIDES OF THE CAMPGROUND and continued until midnight or so. The other 5 campers and us broke camp by 6 am and got the hell out of there.

My last view of Mr. Loud was him standing outside of his ratty camper with a odd look on his face as he started to swat the flies.
edit on 6-9-2020 by billxam because: word change

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: incoserv

I have 2 dogs and 2 cats, apparently you arent allowed to have 4 pets and rent a house but its ok with an apartment.

My god that sounds like Florida renters logic, ridiculous!

Same here for renters, most homes don't allow dogs due to animal liability insurance for home owners. Apartments because they are usually part of a big association they allow pets and pets IMO that don't belong in apartments.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I can't afford an apartment on my income. But, I can rent a room.

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Irishhaf

not quite 1000sq feet

Lucky you.
average size for an apartment that I can afford is 700sq.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join