It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patience... Covered by Chris Cornell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Im just not sure what i think of this...

thats all i have to say... conflicted

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I'm surprised I had never heard that until now. I thought it was really good. He put his own little tweak to it and it turned out pretty good.

Thanks for posting! I'm gonna go see if I can find it on Spotify so I can add it to one or two of my playlists.

ETA by the way, I hadn't heard that song in a really long time. Listening to it brought nostalgia 😌 oh the days of our youth!
edit on 7/22/2020 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Thanks for posting, I like it a lot! Can't believe I never heard that either AA.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I was enjoying it until the final section. It's missing the punch of GnR's simple D/G strumming pattern. They managed to make that part sound far more powerful using just 2 acoustic guitars than this version did with what sounds like a full band, including synths.

Having said that, this is an interesting take on one of my favourite songs from an artist I greatly admire, so thanks for sharing.

edit on 22-7-2020 by nik1halo because: Correcting a typo

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Its a decent version, but this version would never be the hit the original was. The only thing that will really give it any push is that fact that it is Chris Cornell doing it to begin with. If it was a no name that had produced this people most likely would respond with its okay.

With that said, I can see it being the type of sound that would grow on you after hearing it a few times.
I was a DJ for a long time and I would give this some air time for people to check it out, but again it would be the name giving people the reason to pay more attention to it to listen.

Im going to post it on my Twit and see what my followers think as they know me for playing tunes. I'll let you know how it goes!

new topics

top topics

join