It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can no longer turn off Emergency Alerts (Verizon Galaxy S9+)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
My alerts are off and I'll keep it that way. The MI amber alert the girl ran away with her boyfriend. So thats pretty simple She'll come home and find a new boyfriend and he'll spend the next 20 years in prison.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnnihilateThis

originally posted by: Flesh699
Doubt you're overreacting. Toss it.

Main reason I bought the thing was for the camera...

Might as well get a real one of those now too... Will take better pictures anyways.

You could disable service to it and remove sim card and keep it for the camera. However the money you spend on a phone could go to a reasonably priced camera and decent printer for printing pictures. But if you can't replace the battery and don't backup pictures often your phone is a time bomb anyway when it takes a crap and you can't retrieve pictures.
edit on fMondayAmerica/Chicago1005699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
My husband got the same alerts, but he keeps them on because he's a certified First Responder.

However, I did not get the Amber alerts.

Hubs has one of the newer LGs, I think, and mine's a Motorola. I have Amber Alerts shut off and they've stayed that way since I shut them off.

If you're having trouble finding it, assuming it is still on your phones, it was probably moved (mine was moved to a different category some time ago)

On Android systems, go to Settings
Go to Apps & Notifications
Go down to the very bottom of the list, look for Advanced. Open that.
Scroll down that list to near the bottom, Emergency Alerts should be right there (it is on mine, going through the motions right now to type this up)

For the longest time, I think my Alerts management crap was under System or something until it moved to where it is now. Hopefully, this helps someone out, assuming your Settings section is set up like mine is.

Mine is Android, purchased last November, under:

Settings
Connections
More connection settings
Wireless Emergency Alerts
three dot menu
Settings
Alert Types

The only one I can't turn off is the presidential emergency alert.

I turned off the Amber Alerts, we have enough devices that it comes up on so I don't need it on my phone. Since we do get the occasional tornado I decided to leave the emergency alerts on.

It's funny, people are knocking those of us that want to be able to disable things on our phone. Why? It's stupid? That's not a reason, that's an opinion and it's irrelevant. Seems to me the ones calling us whiners are the ones doing the whining.

<< 1   >>

join